A little more info on the Imperial

Old January 8th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default A little more info on the Imperial

Ugg.

The year-2000 300-N concept was so much more classy. This is just too
in-your-face Rolls Royce.

The Germans who own Chrysler keep wanting it to make cars that look
like trucks. They keep thinking that the North American market wants
cars that look chunky and trucky. If people want normal-looking cars,
then they will buy Japanese (or Ford or GM I guess) - but Daimler
thinks that no, people will buy Merc's. No way.

Clearly, Daimler does not want Chrysler to build up-scale cars that
will compete with their Merc line. So they have Tonka design their
Chrysler cars. So sad.

-------------------

http://autoblog.com/2006/01/05/a-lit...-the-imperial/

for the North American International Auto Show, several Autoblog
readers commented with displeasure on the idea of suicide doors and no
B-pillar (among other things). According to a Chrysler source, the
suicide doors and the lack of a b-pillar on the concept are pretty
simple to explain -- designers wanted auto show attendees to be able
to see into the car while viewing it at the show, and the two design
elements will make that easier to do. That's all there is to it. If in
the event that the vehicle does come to production, we're lead to
believe that those elements wouldn't be part of the design.

In other Imperial news, turns out that the vehicle will be 6 inches
taller than the Chrysler 300, putting it at the same height as that of
the Pacifica. The vehicle will also sport free standing headlamps with
high-intensity discharge (HID) and light emitting diode (LED)
technology.

Comments:

http://autoblog.com/2006/01/05/a-lit...rial/#comments
Old January 9th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

MoPar Man wrote:
> Ugg.
>
> The year-2000 300-N concept was so much more classy. This is just too
> in-your-face Rolls Royce.
>
> The Germans who own Chrysler keep wanting it to make cars that look
> like trucks. They keep thinking that the North American market wants
> cars that look chunky and trucky. If people want normal-looking cars,
> then they will buy Japanese (or Ford or GM I guess) - but Daimler
> thinks that no, people will buy Merc's. No way.

They don't make normal looking cars either.

Old January 9th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

And to think just several years ago, most of the DC cars were the best
looking out there. This new Imperial looks like a Kenworth or Peterbuilt.

"MoPar Man" > wrote in message
> Ugg.
>
> The year-2000 300-N concept was so much more classy. This is just too
> in-your-face Rolls Royce.
>
> The Germans who own Chrysler keep wanting it to make cars that look
> like trucks. They keep thinking that the North American market wants
> cars that look chunky and trucky. If people want normal-looking cars,
> then they will buy Japanese (or Ford or GM I guess) - but Daimler
> thinks that no, people will buy Merc's. No way.
>
> Clearly, Daimler does not want Chrysler to build up-scale cars that
> will compete with their Merc line. So they have Tonka design their
> Chrysler cars. So sad.
>
> -------------------
>
> http://autoblog.com/2006/01/05/a-lit...-the-imperial/

> for the North American International Auto Show, several Autoblog
> readers commented with displeasure on the idea of suicide doors and no
> B-pillar (among other things). According to a Chrysler source, the
> suicide doors and the lack of a b-pillar on the concept are pretty
> simple to explain -- designers wanted auto show attendees to be able
> to see into the car while viewing it at the show, and the two design
> elements will make that easier to do. That's all there is to it. If in
> the event that the vehicle does come to production, we're lead to
> believe that those elements wouldn't be part of the design.
>
> In other Imperial news, turns out that the vehicle will be 6 inches
> taller than the Chrysler 300, putting it at the same height as that of
> the Pacifica. The vehicle will also sport free standing headlamps with
> high-intensity discharge (HID) and light emitting diode (LED)
> technology.
>
> Comments:
>
> http://autoblog.com/2006/01/05/a-lit...rial/#comments

Chrysler Imperial concept a poor man's Phantom MoPar Man Chrysler 11 January 10th 06 04:05 AM
New Chrysler Imperial ?! Marc Chrysler 7 January 3rd 06 07:03 AM
can someone give the season ini info for the following tracks???? [email protected] Simulators 5 December 12th 05 08:36 PM
info and pics [email protected] Jeep 1 August 5th 05 03:35 AM
Chevy Aveo and Toyota Echo Hatchback aniram General 42 March 1st 04 07:06 PM