VW Brake Lines

Old November 8th 05, 02:28 PM
Morgan Anderson

Default VW Brake Lines

the last person who restored this Thing ran the rear brake line coming from
the master cylinder through the inside of the car beside the tunnel.
Through the years it has work a hole in the line where he fed it through
drilled ungrommeted (if thats a word) holes on its path to the rear of the
car.

Long story short...the flares on the end of the brake lines are bubble
flares if I remember right. A mechanic at work has a bubble flare machine
he uses on GM cars...is this the same flare I need?

thanks.......

Morgan

Old November 8th 05, 03:10 PM
Joao Eliseu

"Morgan Anderson" > wrote:
>the last person who restored this Thing ran the rear brake line coming from
>
>the master cylinder through the inside of the car beside the tunnel.
>Through the years it has work a hole in the line where he fed it through
>drilled ungrommeted (if thats a word) holes on its path to the rear of the
>
>car.
>
>Long story short...the flares on the end of the brake lines are bubble
>flares if I remember right. A mechanic at work has a bubble flare machine
>
>he uses on GM cars...is this the same flare I need?
>
>thanks.......
>
>Morgan

I think that in all beetles, the brake line run inside of the car beside the tunnel
on the driver side.

Joao
Old November 8th 05, 05:02 PM
Remco

Joao Eliseu wrote:
> "Morgan Anderson" > wrote:
> >the last person who restored this Thing ran the rear brake line coming from
> >
> >the master cylinder through the inside of the car beside the tunnel.
> >Through the years it has work a hole in the line where he fed it through
> >drilled ungrommeted (if thats a word) holes on its path to the rear of the
> >
> >car.
> >
> >Long story short...the flares on the end of the brake lines are bubble
> >flares if I remember right. A mechanic at work has a bubble flare machine
> >
> >he uses on GM cars...is this the same flare I need?
> >
> >thanks.......
> >
> >Morgan
> >

> I think that in all beetles, the brake line run inside of the car beside the tunnel
> on the driver side.
>
> Joao

That's how mine is as well, both on the 72 and 75.

If it wore a hole and spilled brake fluid, you may want to check the
metal around the area because it can do a job on perfectly good metal.
My front crossbrace (that Napoleon-hat-looking-thing that is suposed to
have a grommet in it and where the master cylinder mounts to) was
rotted through so I need to replace it for that reason.

Remco

Old November 8th 05, 06:00 PM
Morgan Anderson

ILL HAVE TO GET A GROMET...OR PUT A PEICE OF FUEL LINE AROUND THE BRAKE LINE
TO STOP THE ABRASION...

MY MAIN QUESTION IS THE FLARE AT THE END OF THE BRAKE LINE...IS IT A REGULAR
GM BUBBLE FLARE?
oups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 06:08 PM
Remco

Morgan Anderson wrote:
> ILL HAVE TO GET A GROMET...OR PUT A PEICE OF FUEL LINE AROUND THE BRAKE LINE
> TO STOP THE ABRASION...
>
> MY MAIN QUESTION IS THE FLARE AT THE END OF THE BRAKE LINE...IS IT A REGULAR
> GM BUBBLE FLARE?

This link might help:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...bubble+flar e

(basically a search for "Metric bubble flare" on theSamba.)

Old November 8th 05, 07:01 PM
bug '59

"> ILL HAVE TO GET A GROMET...OR PUT A PEICE OF FUEL LINE AROUND THE BRAKE
LINE
> TO STOP THE ABRASION...
>
> MY MAIN QUESTION IS THE FLARE AT THE END OF THE BRAKE LINE...IS IT A
> REGULAR GM BUBBLE FLARE?

Writing with capital letters is like shouting at someone....
I can't believe you meant that to happen....

Roger

Old November 8th 05, 07:01 PM
tricky

I have just done mine. We dont call them bubble flares (Idont think) I
bought a flaing kit for 24GBP and followed the instructions for a 'single'
flare.

It looks similar to the old ones I took out. Im using copper tube which is
quite soft and will form a sqish seal in the fittings.

Rich

oups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 07:30 PM
Morgan Anderson

lol...no...I'm not a yeller...I'm on a program at work...and I need to be on
caps all the time...and just use to it...I know its bad edicate...sorry
(i'll be more mindfull)

STUPID MORGAN STUPID MORGAN

morgan

. ..

Old November 8th 05, 08:44 PM
bug '59

"Morgan Anderson" > schreef in bericht
. ..
> lol...no...I'm not a yeller...I'm on a program at work...and I need to be
> on caps all the time...and just use to it...I know its bad edicate...sorry
> (i'll be more mindfull)
>
> STUPID MORGAN STUPID MORGAN

Now you are doing it again... )
I once made the mistake to write in capital letters...
Didn't know the 'acronyms' then and........ got PLONKED at once.... (

Roger

Old November 10th 05, 01:15 PM
Joe Gliebe

It seems no one is answering your direct question about the bubble flare.
VW come with Metric Bubble Flare (As do Porsche) and it is Not the same as
the bubble flare on GM Cars.

Joe
"Morgan Anderson" > wrote in message
. ..
> the last person who restored this Thing ran the rear brake line coming
> from the master cylinder through the inside of the car beside the tunnel.
> Through the years it has work a hole in the line where he fed it through
> drilled ungrommeted (if thats a word) holes on its path to the rear of the
> car.
>
> Long story short...the flares on the end of the brake lines are bubble
> flares if I remember right. A mechanic at work has a bubble flare machine
> he uses on GM cars...is this the same flare I need?
>
> thanks.......
>
> Morgan

Rubber brake lines Kevin Holzer VW air cooled 8 June 3rd 05 08:50 AM
REQ: Help and or advice brake lines - speficically front to rear line.... [email protected] Jeep 2 March 15th 05 02:19 PM
replacing brake lines Steve Chrysler 4 January 23rd 05 09:27 AM
How to replace brake lines on 1976 Rabbit? Joseph Meehan VW water cooled 10 January 2nd 05 03:21 AM
How to replace brake lines on 1976 Rabbit? HerHusband VW water cooled 0 January 1st 05 02:08 AM