Scumbag RI used car dealer hit with 2-by-4 in fight over bad junk-car deal dies; customer charged

Old August 1st 14, 12:34 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Bill Cook

Default Scumbag RI used car dealer hit with 2-by-4 in fight over bad junk-car deal dies; customer charged

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Police say a Rhode Island dealership owner
who was struck with a two-by-four in a fight over a junk-car
deal that went wrong has died.

Providence police Maj. David A. Lapatin says I Buy Junk Cars
owner Jonathan Stack died Saturday night, a day after the
beating.

Customer Daniel Lastarza was charged Friday with two felony
assault counts in Providence District Court. Police say the
charges will now be upgraded to murder.

The 48-year-old Lastarza had been ordered held without bail in
connection with a previous probation violation. It wasn't clear
Sunday whether he had a lawyer.

Police say they believed the fight occurred when the 34-year-old
Stack tried to get his money back over the $400 junk-car deal.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/27...hip-owner-hit-
with-2-by-4-in-fight-over-bad-junk-car-deal-
dies/?intcmp=obnetwork

Old August 1st 14, 12:48 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Just Wondering

On 7/31/2014 5:34 PM, Bill Cook wrote:
> PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Police say a Rhode Island dealership owner
> who was struck with a two-by-four in a fight over a junk-car
> deal that went wrong has died.

This could have been prevented, if only the federal government had
enacted common-sense lumber control legislation.

Old August 1st 14, 04:46 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
John2

Just Wondering wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 5:34 PM, Bill Cook wrote:
>
>> PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Police say a Rhode Island dealership owner
>> who was struck with a two-by-four in a fight over a junk-car
>> deal that went wrong has died.
>>

> This could have been prevented, if only the federal government had
> enacted common-sense lumber control legislation.

Those semi-auto 2x4s are capable of several clouts a minute and don't
have to be reloaded.
Old August 2nd 14, 03:37 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:46:21 -0500, John2 >
wrote:

>Just Wondering wrote:
>> On 7/31/2014 5:34 PM, Bill Cook wrote:
>>
>>> PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Police say a Rhode Island dealership owner
>>> who was struck with a two-by-four in a fight over a junk-car
>>> deal that went wrong has died.
>>>

>> This could have been prevented, if only the federal government had
>> enacted common-sense lumber control legislation.
>>

>Those semi-auto 2x4s are capable of several clouts a minute and don't
>have to be reloaded.

At the very least there should be a limit on the length of a 2x4 that
can be carried in public. If a shorter piece was all that was legal
the blows might not have been fatal.
Old August 2nd 14, 03:47 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
John2

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:46:21 -0500, John2 >
> wrote:
>

>>Just Wondering wrote:

>>>This could have been prevented, if only the federal government had
>>>enacted common-sense lumber control legislation.
>>>

>>Those semi-auto 2x4s are capable of several clouts a minute and don't
>>have to be reloaded.

> At the very least there should be a limit on the length of a 2x4 that
> can be carried in public. If a shorter piece was all that was legal
> the blows might not have been fatal.

I don't know, wouldn't a sawed off 2x4 have a faster swing, similar to
a semi auto baseball bat?
Old August 3rd 14, 05:06 AM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:47:27 -0500, John2 >
wrote:

>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:46:21 -0500, John2 >
>> wrote:

>>>Those semi-auto 2x4s are capable of several clouts a minute and don't
>>>have to be reloaded.

>> At the very least there should be a limit on the length of a 2x4 that
>> can be carried in public. If a shorter piece was all that was legal
>> the blows might not have been fatal.

> I don't know, wouldn't a sawed off 2x4 have a faster swing, similar to
>a semi auto baseball bat?

Sawed off 2x4s need to be made illegal too. Only unmodified 2x4s sold
by licensed 2x4 dealers should be available. And purchasers should be
required to fill out a background check and be subject to a 3 day
waiting period before they can take possession of their 2x4. And no
one should be allowed to buy more then one 2x4 per month. And it goes
without saying that no one should be allowed to ship a 2x4 across
state lines without going thru a licensed 2x4 dealer who will ship it
to another licensed 2x4 dealer in the other state. And no 2x4's
within 1000 feet of a school. No 2x4s inside a bank or court. And no
open carry of 2x4s, it scares too many people.
Old August 3rd 14, 05:39 AM posted to ri.general, sac.politics, rec.autos.driving, alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Ventas[_2_]

In article >
Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:47:27 -0500, John2 >
> wrote:
>
> >Ashton Crusher wrote:

> >> At the very least there should be a limit on the length of a 2x4 that
> >> can be carried in public. If a shorter piece was all that was legal
> >> the blows might not have been fatal.

> > I don't know, wouldn't a sawed off 2x4 have a faster swing, similar to
> >a semi auto baseball bat?

> Sawed off 2x4s need to be made illegal too. Only unmodified 2x4s sold
> by licensed 2x4 dealers should be available. And purchasers should be
> required to fill out a background check and be subject to a 3 day
> waiting period before they can take possession of their 2x4. And no
> one should be allowed to buy more then one 2x4 per month. And it goes
> without saying that no one should be allowed to ship a 2x4 across
> state lines without going thru a licensed 2x4 dealer who will ship it
> to another licensed 2x4 dealer in the other state. And no 2x4's
> within 1000 feet of a school. No 2x4s inside a bank or court. And no
> open carry of 2x4s, it scares too many people.

:-)

Old August 3rd 14, 06:18 PM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 08/02/2014 09:06 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:47:27 -0500, John2 >
> wrote:
>>Ashton Crusher wrote:

>>> At the very least there should be a limit on the length of a 2x4 that
>>> can be carried in public. If a shorter piece was all that was legal
>>> the blows might not have been fatal.

>> I don't know, wouldn't a sawed off 2x4 have a faster swing, similar to
>>a semi auto baseball bat?

> Sawed off 2x4s need to be made illegal too. Only unmodified 2x4s sold
> by licensed 2x4 dealers should be available. And purchasers should be
> required to fill out a background check and be subject to a 3 day
> waiting period before they can take possession of their 2x4. And no
> one should be allowed to buy more then one 2x4 per month. And it goes
> without saying that no one should be allowed to ship a 2x4 across
> state lines without going thru a licensed 2x4 dealer who will ship it
> to another licensed 2x4 dealer in the other state. And no 2x4's
> within 1000 feet of a school. No 2x4s inside a bank or court. And no
> open carry of 2x4s, it scares too many people.

Nice attempt, but not sufficiently restrictive. We need an outright ban
on 2x4s. Nobody actually needs one and they're much too dangerous in
the hands of untrained civilians. Only the military and police should
be allowed to possess 2x4s, and if one is used the user should be put on
temporary suspension until the investigation is completed.

It's for the children.

--
Cheers, Bev
"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other
Old August 3rd 14, 06:24 PM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
deep

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:18:06 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>On 08/02/2014 09:06 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:47:27 -0500, John2 >
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know, wouldn't a sawed off 2x4 have a faster swing, similar to
>>>a semi auto baseball bat?

>> Sawed off 2x4s need to be made illegal too. Only unmodified 2x4s sold
>> by licensed 2x4 dealers should be available. And purchasers should be
>> required to fill out a background check and be subject to a 3 day
>> waiting period before they can take possession of their 2x4. And no
>> one should be allowed to buy more then one 2x4 per month. And it goes
>> without saying that no one should be allowed to ship a 2x4 across
>> state lines without going thru a licensed 2x4 dealer who will ship it
>> to another licensed 2x4 dealer in the other state. And no 2x4's
>> within 1000 feet of a school. No 2x4s inside a bank or court. And no
>> open carry of 2x4s, it scares too many people.

>Nice attempt, but not sufficiently restrictive. We need an outright ban
>on 2x4s. Nobody actually needs one and they're much too dangerous in
>the hands of untrained civilians. Only the military and police should
>be allowed to possess 2x4s, and if one is used the user should be put on
>temporary suspension until the investigation is completed.
>
>It's for the children.

What you people are really ****ed about is the car dealer didn't have
a gun and wasn't able to shoot the guy. After all, selling somebody
crap then ****ing them up when they complain is a good conservative
atrribute. I think we should force all car dealers to carry guns
then that would prevent anybody complaining about being sold junk.
Old August 3rd 14, 06:32 PM posted to ri.general,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.guns
Klaus Schadenfreude[_3_]

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 11:24:47 -0600, deep wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:18:06 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:
>
>>On 08/02/2014 09:06 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

>>> Sawed off 2x4s need to be made illegal too. Only unmodified 2x4s sold
>>> by licensed 2x4 dealers should be available. And purchasers should be
>>> required to fill out a background check and be subject to a 3 day
>>> waiting period before they can take possession of their 2x4. And no
>>> one should be allowed to buy more then one 2x4 per month. And it goes
>>> without saying that no one should be allowed to ship a 2x4 across
>>> state lines without going thru a licensed 2x4 dealer who will ship it
>>> to another licensed 2x4 dealer in the other state. And no 2x4's
>>> within 1000 feet of a school. No 2x4s inside a bank or court. And no
>>> open carry of 2x4s, it scares too many people.

>>Nice attempt, but not sufficiently restrictive. We need an outright ban
>>on 2x4s. Nobody actually needs one and they're much too dangerous in
>>the hands of untrained civilians. Only the military and police should
>>be allowed to possess 2x4s, and if one is used the user should be put on
>>temporary suspension until the investigation is completed.
>>
>>It's for the children.

>What you people are really ****ed about is the car dealer didn't have
>a gun and wasn't able to shoot the guy.

Then he'd be alive.

> After all, selling somebody
>crap then ****ing them up when they complain is a good conservative
>atrribute.

After all, responding with violence when they think they've been
wronged or their opinion differs from someone else is a good liberal
trait.

> I think we should force [..]

Forcing people to do things is usually the FIRST solution you think of
isn't it?

"Based on the stupid **** you post and your apalling [sic] lack of
education I'm sure your kids are dummer [sic] than sheep."
-Professor Deep Dudu

Father Tells Daughter to Walk Home - She dies of exposure - Father charged w murder Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 13 January 3rd 09 07:36 PM
More lying scumbag camera operators. N8N Driving 9 January 27th 08 06:38 PM
instrument cluster dies, then comes for a minute, then dies for several minutes, repeat... [email protected] Technology 2 June 30th 07 02:13 AM
Dealer Service good deal? Fred Jeep 17 September 19th 05 01:42 AM
The Hazards of Being a Scumbag Bob Hoover VW air cooled 4 December 10th 04 05:57 AM