A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Chrysler
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Transmission Pan Capacity of 2006 Jeep Liberty ...

Old March 17th 13, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
M100C
external usenet poster

Default Transmission Pan Capacity of 2006 Jeep Liberty ...

All,
I will be picking up a '06 Jeep Liberty. I currently have an '05 Dodge Grand Caravan (GCV), and have grown fond of a maintenance practice I'd like to implement on the Jeep (and, share with this group for comment):

I have a Topsider vacuum oil change unit (mostly used for boats), and I can remove the dipstick in my '05 GCV and - with some noodling of the suction tube - draw almost exactly four qts. of transmission fluid from the pan. Every other oil/filter change (i.e. 20,000 mi. with 10,000 mi. synthetic oil/filter change intervals), I add three new qts, and top off, according to the dipstick, leaving very little in the fourth quart bottle.

My current van has 170K, with no transmission shift issues or slipping. Ditto for an '03 which had 230K and a '97 which had 210K. Here's my question:

Does anyone have a similar practice for a Jeep Liberty? Mine has the 3.7L engine and the Command-Trac part-time shift-on-the-fly 4WD. If so, how many quarts can you draw out?

Thanks,
Chris
Ads