Tail Gaters

Old November 4th 09, 10:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Tom Oska

Default Tail Gaters

On my way to hospital yesterday A.M. was 3rd in line behind an SUV traveling
about 65-68 in 55 zone (2 lane road). Little red car behind SUV was so close
to the SUV that I couldn't see much of rear of SUV. SUV brake lights blinked
on several times but little red car stayed tight. SUV began to slowly reduce
speed and got down to about 20. Traffic heading east was heavy so none of us
west bounders could pass. This continued for 3 or so miles.
At the first business intersection the red car pulled into a McDonalds that
is across from high school. The driver was a young lady around 16-18 YO.
Student @ school?

Old November 4th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 04:51:58 -0600, Tom Oska > wrote:
>On my way to hospital yesterday A.M. was 3rd in line behind an SUV traveling
>about 65-68 in 55 zone (2 lane road). Little red car behind SUV was so close
>to the SUV that I couldn't see much of rear of SUV. SUV brake lights blinked
>on several times but little red car stayed tight. SUV began to slowly reduce
>speed and got down to about 20. Traffic heading east was heavy so none of us
>west bounders could pass. This continued for 3 or so miles.
>At the first business intersection the red car pulled into a McDonalds that
>is across from high school. The driver was a young lady around 16-18 YO.
>Student @ school?

This is news?

It gets really cute when that tailgater is a motorcycle rider, 18" from the
bumper of the car in front.

If that car were to hit the brakes for any kind of emergency, the motorcycle
would smack against the bumper 150 milliseconds before the motorcycle
rider even noticed anything.

EMPI STOCK TAIL PIPE DRESS-UP - CHEESE GRATER Rusts Tail Pipes! [email protected] VW air cooled 9 November 11th 08 02:08 AM
Tail Pipes [email protected] VW air cooled 7 November 29th 06 02:02 PM
Tail light out - not really Jeff BMW 5 April 19th 05 10:05 PM
FS: Tail Lights, 2000-2002 Dodge/Plymouth Euro Tail Lights Abby Normal Dodge 0 March 28th 05 03:57 PM
Tail Lights E46 Blue Agave BMW 0 September 18th 04 12:04 AM