WWTL FAQ (Version 1.10)

Old November 1st 09, 05:24 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default WWTL FAQ (Version 1.10)

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Transportation Library has updated its FAQ section:

http://wwtl.info/#faq.html

"(2.15) Some of your highway photographs are accompanied by a distance
chart. Neat! But why don't all highway photographs have one?

It's a work in progress! We are currently updating several highway
photographs a week with distance charts. When this project completes
in 2011, all highway photographs will be accompanied by a distance
chart prescribing distances between relative major cities and
junctions."

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old November 1st 09, 05:52 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Steve Firth

Because the site has been created by a ****wit!
Old November 1st 09, 06:39 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Mike P

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 08:24:20 -0800, Carl Rogers hollered:

> Hi Viatologists,
>
> The Worldwide Transportation Library has updated its FAQ section:
>
> http://wwtl.info/#faq.html
>
> "(2.15) Some of your highway photographs are accompanied by a distance
> chart. Neat! But why don't all highway photographs have one?

I find it hard to believe that enough people ask questions of the site
for it to need an FAQ..

Mike P
Old November 1st 09, 08:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Reality Check

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
| Hi Viat <bitch slap>

Here's a FAQ for you:

Why do you keep spamming your stupid bull**** into newsgroups where
you are most definitely unwelcome if not outright hated, you goddamn
looser?

RC

Old November 1st 09, 09:03 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Default Blocking WWTL posts redux (was: WWTL FAQ (Version 1.10))

"Reality Check" > wrote in message

> "Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> | Hi Viat <bitch slap>
>
> Here's a FAQ for you:
>
> Why do you keep spamming your stupid bull**** into newsgroups where
> you are most definitely unwelcome if not outright hated, you goddamn
> looser?

Let me try to help out here.

I'll post this again (since I posted it to only rec.autos.driving the first
time) as helpful for Outlook Express/Windows Mail users. Replying to that
spammer just results in more incremetal status reports of that site/spamming
this newsgroup, and the spammer is now using two different e-mail
identities.

1. From the Tools menu, select Message Rules, then select News...
2. Click New...
3. Section 1--Mark the checkboxes for Where the message is on specified
newsgroup and Where the From line contains people
4. Click the hyperlinked (underlined) word: specified
5. Select rec.autos.driving from the list of subscribed newsgroups, then
click OK. (Repeat steps 4 and 5 but select another subscribed group, to add
additional groups being spammed to the list.)
6. Click the hyperlinked word phrase: contains people
7a. In the text field, enter: , click Add, then click
OK.
7b. In the text field, enter:
, click Add, then click OK.
8. Section 2--Mark the checkbox for Delete It.
9. Section 3--The Rule Description area should now read as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the message is on rec.autos.driving newsgroup
and Where the From line contains ' or
'
Delete it

10. Give the rule a descriptive name--I used "Delete: WWTL spam posts on
rec.autos.driving" (without quotes).
11. Click OK to save the rule--all future WWTL related spam posts should no
longer be downloaded by the newsreader client.

Note: this is only effective if no one also replies to any of the spam
posts, otherwise, the spam post replies are still present as replies to the
non-existent deleted posts. The spammer's posts definitely won't be seen for
any Windows Mail/Outlook Express user that uses this or a similar rule,
that's for sure.

(I will also confirm that the only messages I am seeing are the replies to
that spammer. None of the headers or message bodies from the original post
by the spammer are being seen. If everyone blocks the posts, instead of
replying to them, eventually the spammer will just have single posts with no
replies at all, while the rest of the more meaningful posts get actual
discussion, and they'll likely just give up spamming when no one also visits
their site.)

Ultimately, it's up to the individual reader whether they ignore or reply to
that spammer.

Old November 1st 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default off topic

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:

> Let me try to help out here.

The vast majority of people participating in those spam threads are well
aware of how to use their killfile. They actually want to respond since
that's how they enjoy usenet. Some people lurk, some people participate
in on-topic discussions, and others solely participate in pointless
flamewars.

If one doesn't want to see these flamewars, the real trick is to kill
any threads that are cross-posted to groups like uk.transport and
ne.transportation. But, if the newsreader doesn't have the capability
to kill posts/threads by distribution, then it's simply a matter of
killfiling any poster who participates in those threads and make case by
case exceptions based on past experience. I've gone with the latter
approach and find that it pretty much as eliminated 99% of the calrog
related garbage from both m.t.r. and r.a.d.
Old November 2nd 09, 08:19 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
thomas[_2_]

To check a real website why not try www.malloc.co.uk

Filth cannot stop his "I'm considerably richer than you" pitch - he has
photoshopped a can of custard to a picture of an "upmarket" car and to "his"
yacht to prooove(sic) they're his

why not just ignore crap about viatology or whatever eh filth?
You're getting more like brian w - i.e only ever post personal insults and
venom
bet mick p(?) AKA mini-me will do his usual attack dog bollox
.. .

Old November 2nd 09, 11:07 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Steve Firth

thomas > wrote:

> To check a real website why not try www.malloc.co.uk

K3wL, a site that I don't spam to hundreds of groups and that is, as it
says, simply a playpen for mucking about on.

What was your point, other than a bizarre attempt to increase the numbe
rof hits on a site that even I only look at once in a blue moon?

> Filth cannot stop his "I'm considerably richer than you" pitch - he has
> photoshopped a can of custard to a picture of an "upmarket" car and to "his"
> yacht to prooove(sic) they're his

Context, Toomy, context. Something that flies right over your pointy
little head. You don't even seem to have read the text on that web site.
Maybe you need to get your carer to explain it to you. You probably also
need someone to adjust your headstick so that you can type properly.

You also possibly need someone to explain what "sic" means.

> why not just ignore crap about viatology or whatever eh filth?

Why don't you lose your obsession with me, eh Toomy you deranged
stalker?

> You're getting more like brian w - i.e only ever post personal insults and
> venom

You're getting more like a frothing mad basket case each day that
passes. Have you got to the stage of drinking your own urine yet, or are
you still collecting it in milk bottles that you store in the kitchen?
Old November 2nd 09, 12:24 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Mike P[_4_]

On 2 Nov, 07:19, "thomas" > wrote:
> To check a real website why not trywww.malloc.co.uk
>
> Filth cannot stop his "I'm considerably richer than you" pitch - he has
> photoshopped a can of custard to a picture of an "upmarket" car and to "his"
> yacht to prooove(sic) they're his
>
> why not just ignore crap about viatology or whatever eh filth?
> You're getting more like brian w - i.e only ever post personal insults and
> venom
> bet mick p(?) AKA mini-me will do his usual attack dog bollox

That'd be "attack dog bollox" rather than "weird ****head internet
drooling retard stalker who can't get a single fact right bollox" I
suppose, or is that some poor attempt at irony on your part then.

How's this for an idea.? Stop posting drivel, I'll stop commenting on
it...

Mike P
Old November 2nd 09, 12:49 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Otto Yamamoto[_2_]

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:07:15 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

> You're getting more like a frothing mad basket case each day that
> passes. Have you got to the stage of drinking your own urine yet, or are
> you still collecting it in milk bottles that you store in the kitchen?

What a charming thing to read before breakfast. Thanks For The Mental
Scar.

--
'Smoking is Healthier than Fascism'