Ramva is alive again!

Old June 26th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Default Ramva is alive again!

Woohoo!

Old June 26th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

Jan Andersson wrote:

> Woohoo!

I going to take a wild guess, Jan, and say that you are referring to a
thread that has (at last count) 45 messages. What is surprising is that
Mario of Vintage Werks is not the subject of the thread nor did he leave
any messages on the subject.

My opinion on the relation of the VW thermostat (or even a watercooled
thermostat) to the cooling of the engine is .... Oops, I'm missing a
rerun of CSI that I have already seen. Later, gator.

Randall
Old June 27th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max[_4_]

Yep, the Jerry Springer part is back.

Max
Old June 27th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Max" > wrote in message
> Yep, the Jerry Springer part is back.
>
> Max

actually it's quite samba-ish... you should enjoy it...

Old June 27th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Max" > wrote in message
>> Yep, the Jerry Springer part is back.
>>
>> Max

> actually it's quite samba-ish... you should enjoy it...

I don't read samba.. I've made one post there I think and it went mostly
unnoticed it seems.
Old June 27th 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "Max" > wrote in message
>>> Yep, the Jerry Springer part is back.
>>>
>>> Max

>> actually it's quite samba-ish... you should enjoy it...

> I don't read samba.. I've made one post there I think and it went mostly
> unnoticed it seems.

The Samba is what ramva was back in "the day"... busy, lots of posts, but
lots of flames... it, like any forum, is a breeding ground for parrots and
the spread of misinformation and myths... that said, it is also a great
resource... but not for someone that is looking for a definitive answer,
information seekers need to do their own homework with the information they
are given... that's actually a great idea no matter what forum it comes
from...

I don't post on STF as much as I used to... after the last hacking of the
site something was changed software-wise, that my computer doesn't agree
with... constant problems since then, but only there... frustration lead me
to rarely go there...

Old June 27th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max[_4_]

On Jun 27, 8:28*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> > Joey Tribiani wrote:

> >> actually it's quite samba-ish... you should enjoy it...

> > I don't read samba.. I've made one post there I think and it went mostly
> > unnoticed it seems.

> The Samba is what ramva was back in "the day"... busy, lots of posts, but
> lots of flames... it, like any forum, is a breeding ground for parrots and
> the spread of misinformation and myths... that said, it is also a great
> resource... but not for someone that is looking for a definitive answer,
> information seekers need to do their own homework with the information they
> are given... that's actually a great idea no matter what forum it comes
> from...
>
> I don't post on STF as much as I used to... after the last hacking of the
> site something was changed software-wise, that my computer doesn't agree
> with... constant problems since then, but only there... frustration lead me
> to rarely go there...

I just wish there was more traffic here. Feels like Radiator Springs
after the bypass went in.

Max
Old June 27th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max[_4_]

On Jun 27, 8:28*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> > Joey Tribiani wrote:

> >> actually it's quite samba-ish... you should enjoy it...

> > I don't read samba.. I've made one post there I think and it went mostly
> > unnoticed it seems.

> The Samba is what ramva was back in "the day"... busy, lots of posts, but
> lots of flames... it, like any forum, is a breeding ground for parrots and
> the spread of misinformation and myths... that said, it is also a great
> resource... but not for someone that is looking for a definitive answer,
> information seekers need to do their own homework with the information they
> are given... that's actually a great idea no matter what forum it comes
> from...
>
> I don't post on STF as much as I used to... after the last hacking of the
> site something was changed software-wise, that my computer doesn't agree
> with... constant problems since then, but only there... frustration lead me
> to rarely go there...

I do wish there was more traffic here. Kinda feels like Radiator

Old June 27th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Max" > wrote in message
>I do wish there was more traffic here. Kinda feels like Radiator
>Springs after the bypass went in.

>Max

agreed.... maybe we are just nostalgic.

Old June 27th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Max wrote:
> On Jun 27, 8:28 am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

>>> I don't read samba.. I've made one post there I think and it went mostly
>>> unnoticed it seems.

>> The Samba is what ramva was back in "the day"... busy, lots of posts, but
>> lots of flames... it, like any forum, is a breeding ground for parrots and
>> the spread of misinformation and myths... that said, it is also a great
>> resource... but not for someone that is looking for a definitive answer,
>> information seekers need to do their own homework with the information they
>> are given... that's actually a great idea no matter what forum it comes
>> from...
>>
>> I don't post on STF as much as I used to... after the last hacking of the
>> site something was changed software-wise, that my computer doesn't agree
>> with... constant problems since then, but only there... frustration lead me
>> to rarely go there...

> I just wish there was more traffic here. Feels like Radiator Springs
> after the bypass went in.
>
> Max

LOL very nice analogy... BTW I am forced to watch "Cars" on a daily
basis. It's getting a little old

R.I.P. Ramva Joey Tribiani VW air cooled 14 March 20th 09 02:41 PM
keeping RAMVA alive ? Tricky VW air cooled 8 November 30th 07 08:43 PM
Hello RAMVA! Howard Rose[_1_] VW air cooled 0 December 26th 06 12:17 AM
Greetings RAMVA Eddie VW air cooled 2 September 7th 06 11:00 PM
RAMVA get together Mike West VW air cooled 7 December 23rd 05 07:17 AM