"We Are Still Saturn"

Old February 20th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.autos.gm
PerfectReign[_1_]

Default "We Are Still Saturn"

I got this in my in basket today. Interesting reading - especially between
the lines.

Dear Kai:

From our very beginning, Saturn has always sought a better way. We pioneered
no-hassle, no-haggle shopping, built dent-resistant cars, set a new
benchmark for customer service and forged a unique relationship with our
retailers, workers and customers. From the beginning, Saturn was launched
as a "Different Kind of Car Company."

Well, here we go again.

You may have read that General Motors delivered a plan to the U.S.
government that outlined the corporation's plan for long-term viability.In
that plan, GM stated that Saturn would work with its retailers to
investigate options for the future of the Saturn Brand. We said that all
ideas were on the table and we meant it.

Today, we confirmed that Saturn and GM would further investigate one of
those options: a spin-off of an independent Saturn Distribution
Corporation.

The Saturn Distribution Corporation already exists as an indirect subsidiary
of GM. It's the entity with which our retailers currently have their
franchise agreement. An independent Saturn would still have its great
retailers, and it would continue to source current products from GM through
2011. If successful, SDC at that point would source products from other
manufacturers.

The goal—from a product perspective—would be to find future vehicles that
match the Saturn Brand: fuel-efficient, safe, reliable and affordable. From
a retailing perspective, we would build on our core strength of unmatched
customer service. The same hassle-free experience that is a hallmark of the
brand could be taken to even higher levels.

While this process proceeds, we will continue to do what we have always done
best: sell great vehicles and take care of our customers. We have a fresh
portfolio of award-winning, fuel-efficient vehicles and a network of
retailers that is second to none. And our new vehicles are still backed by
a 100,000-mile/5-year (whichever comes first) Transferable Powertrain
Limited Warranty. When you add Roadside Assistance and Courtesy
Transportation programs, we believe it is the industry's best overall
coverage. It is coverage that GM and Saturn will continue to firmly stand
behind, and GM will support the continued availability of Saturn parts and
service as needed.

This is an exciting time at the Saturn Brand, and I have to confess, it
feels a bit like it did back in the 1980s when the original Saturn project
was being developed. As loyal Saturn owners and enthusiasts, I know you
support this brand, and you can believe we are working toward a vibrant
future. Difficult times sometimes yield the most innovative solutions, and
those who are willing to take on the challenge will emerge victorious. Stay
tuned.

Sincerely,
signature
Jill Lajdziak
General Manager, Saturn

--
www.perfectreign.com
Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. - Dee
Old February 20th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ed Pawlowski

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message

> This is an exciting time at the Saturn Brand,
> Jill Lajdziak
> General Manager, Saturn

Oh, I bet it is !!!!

Old February 21st 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe Blow

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:41:41 -0800, PerfectReign
> wrote:

>An independent Saturn would still have its great
>retailers, and it would continue to source current products from GM through
>2011. If successful, SDC at that point would source products from other
>manufacturers.

Interesting. What does that mean? There are many car makers that
does not have North American distribution network today that would
love to get a piece of the North American market once this recession
is over. Spain's Seat, for example. Almost all Chinese car makers
too. And let's not forget brands owned by Italy's Fiat group. May be
even India's Tata?? Finally, once Saab's fully independent, may be
Saab again.

>This is an exciting time at the Saturn Brand

Exciting = Uncertain

Old February 21st 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Feb 20, 8:49*pm, Joe Blow > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:41:41 -0800, PerfectReign
>
> > wrote:
> >An independent Saturn would still have its great
> >retailers, and it would continue to source current products from GM through
> >2011. If successful, SDC at that point would source products from other
> >manufacturers.

> Interesting. *What does that mean? *There are many car makers that
> does not have North American distribution network today that would
> love to get a piece of the North American market once this recession
> is over. *Spain's Seat, for example. *Almost all Chinese car makers
> too. *And let's not forget brands owned by Italy's Fiat group. *May be
> even India's Tata?? *Finally, once Saab's fully independent, may be
> Saab again.
>
> >This is an exciting time at the Saturn Brand

> Exciting = Uncertain

I think that might be refering to the this-is-the-end parties at
saturn dealerships