UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Old December 20th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

Default UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...topnews&sub=AR

The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered to
join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher standard
of life and there would have been an even playing field for all manufactures
from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker will
be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker. Its
a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will a
segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
money???

Old December 20th 08, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
E. Meyer

On 12/20/08 9:41 AM, in article
, "Rock Hardson"
> wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...AR200812190385
> 6.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR
>
> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered to
> join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
> they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
> people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
> same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher standard
> of life and there would have been an even playing field for all manufactures
> from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
> southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
> article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker will
> be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker. Its
> a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will a
> segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
> money???

If the Southern workers had joined the union and tried to force Detroit
style pay and benefit packages, then the Japanese plants would all be in
Mexico (just like many GM and Mercedes plants already are).

Old December 20th 08, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

On Dec 20, 9:41*am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...
>
> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered to
> join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
> they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
> people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
> same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher standard
> of life and there would have been an even playing field for all manufactures
> from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
> southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
> article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker will
> be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker. Its
> a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will a
> segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
> money???

I make it a point to NEVER buy any car, new or used, assembled by UAW
dumb-**** overpaid slob morons...

There is not a single UAW leak in possession of a skill set worth
their extortionistic wage and benefit package. Back in the sixties,
8th. grade dropouts all over the country would wind up getting $25/hr.
to slap hubcaps on Fords and Chevys. **** the UAW and anyone who
supports them.
Old December 20th 08, 08:07 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Stupid.... interesting term that could be applied to many different groups
of people...

Stupid... as in customers continuing to pay prices that have been driven
high by over-priced wage packages for union workers? Come on... this is
assembly line work... put tab A in slot B... what rolls off the end of the
line could be a toaster, a car or Mattels latest toy... It ain't rocket
science.

Someone is signing the cheque for this, doofus.... and that would be the
consumer...

Where I live, we have a labour shortage.... our local McDonalds is offering
$13 per hour.... I wonder how many 99 cent burgers you need to sell to make
that idea profitable?

I'm sure that all of your fellow Americans will love the hell out of you
calling them "ignorant".

.com...

Old December 20th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"E. Meyer" > wrote in message
> On 12/20/08 9:41 AM, in article
> , "Rock Hardson"
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...AR200812190385
>> 6.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR
>>
>> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
>> join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
>> they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
>> people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
>> same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
>> standard
>> of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
>> manufactures
>> from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
>> southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
>> article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker
>> will
>> be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker.
>> Its
>> a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will
>> segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
>> money???
>>

> If the Southern workers had joined the union and tried to force Detroit
> style pay and benefit packages, then the Japanese plants would all be in
> Mexico (just like many GM and Mercedes plants already are).

I got news for you, japanese are already in Mexico.
The US is there because of the Bush/Clinton NAFTA sellout/New world Order
BS.

Old December 20th 08, 08:21 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

> wrote in message
On Dec 20, 9:41 am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...
>
> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
> join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
> they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
> people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
> same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> standard
> of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
> manufactures
> from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
> southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
> article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker
> will
> be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker.
> Its
> a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will a
> segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
> money???

I make it a point to NEVER buy any car, new or used, assembled by UAW
dumb-**** overpaid slob morons...

There is not a single UAW leak in possession of a skill set worth
their extortionistic wage and benefit package. Back in the sixties,
8th. grade dropouts all over the country would wind up getting $25/hr.
to slap hubcaps on Fords and Chevys. **** the UAW and anyone who
supports them.

Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over again
8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy. If you have
a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
and get paid for it. And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
American would you?

Old December 20th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

On 20 Dec, 19:07, > wrote:
> Stupid.... interesting term that could be applied to many different groups
> of people...
>
> Stupid... as in customers continuing to pay prices that have been driven
> high by over-priced wage packages for union workers? Come on... this is
> assembly line work... put tab A in slot B... what rolls off the end of the
> line could be a toaster, a car or Mattels latest toy... It ain't rocket
> science.
>
> Someone is signing the cheque for this, doofus.... and that would be the
> consumer...
>
> Where I live, we have a labour shortage.... our local McDonalds is offering
> $13 per hour.... I wonder how many 99 cent burgers you need to sell to make
> that idea profitable?
>
> I'm sure that all of your fellow Americans will love the hell out of you
> calling them "ignorant".
>
> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
>
> .com...
>
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
> > to join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker
> > but they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID
> > can people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting
> > the same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> > standard of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
> > manufactures from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese
> > choose the southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I
> > guess the article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern
> > worker will be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the
> > southern worker. Its a simple question of is everyone on board to make a
> > lot of money or will a segment of the community just drag others down to
> > make a lesser amount of money???

The quality control of Toyota is done by each worker.
If someone notices that something is missing from a former step they
pull the chain and stop the line.
In the beginning the line was stopping all the time.
Then the quality improved and the line hardly ever needs to be
stopped.

In GM they did not dare to do it so inspection is done after the car
has been sold and the customer finds something wrong.
First they deny the problem and then the customer gets angry and
stoppes buying GM cars.

That is a major difference and I have been waiting to see how long
this could go on like this.

It is very exciting to see that GM is finally dead and the prolonged
funeral is taking place over the next months.

RIP
Old December 20th 08, 08:25 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

> Stupid.... interesting term that could be applied to many different groups
> of people...
>
> Stupid... as in customers continuing to pay prices that have been driven
> high by over-priced wage packages for union workers? Come on... this is
> assembly line work... put tab A in slot B... what rolls off the end of the
> line could be a toaster, a car or Mattels latest toy... It ain't rocket
> science.
>
> Someone is signing the cheque for this, doofus.... and that would be the
> consumer...
>
> Where I live, we have a labour shortage.... our local McDonalds is
> offering $13 per hour.... I wonder how many 99 cent burgers you need to
> sell to make that idea profitable?
>
> I'm sure that all of your fellow Americans will love the hell out of you
> calling them "ignorant".

What do you know about fellow Americans when you would rather see your
dollars go to Japan rater than keep it here providing a stronger US economy.
I bet you are one who would rather see 100s of thousands om AMERICANS lose
jobs rather than bail out the US auto industry.

Old December 20th 08, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

On Dec 20, 1:21*pm, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> On Dec 20, 9:41 am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
>

> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
> > join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker but
> > they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID can
> > people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting the
> > same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> > standard
> > of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
> > manufactures
> > from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese choose the
> > southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I guess the
> > article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern worker
> > will
> > be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the southern worker..
> > Its
> > a simple question of is everyone on board to make a lot of money or will a
> > segment of the community just drag others down to make a lesser amount of
> > money???

> I make it a point to NEVER buy any car, new or used, assembled by UAW
> dumb-**** overpaid slob morons...
>
> There is not a single UAW leak in possession of a skill set worth
> their extortionistic wage and benefit package. *Back in the sixties,
> 8th. grade dropouts all over the country would wind up getting $25/hr.
> to slap hubcaps on Fords and Chevys. ***** the UAW and anyone who
> supports them.
>
> Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
> paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over again
> 8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy. If you have
> a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
> and get paid for it. And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
> American would you?- Hide quoted text -

The UAW is living proof that one does not need to invest in oneself in
terms of high skills and knowledge. That, in and of itself, is
anathema to capitalism.
Old December 20th 08, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
e.meyer[_2_]