Import owners are to blame for the recession

Old December 7th 08, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Default Import owners are to blame for the recession

If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
from the Big Three and take our economy back.
Old December 7th 08, 07:04 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Cathy F.[_6_]

> wrote in message
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy. The
American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become mired in
their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.

Cathy (aat)

Old December 7th 08, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Jeff[_45_]

On Dec 7, 1:01*pm, wrote:
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. *Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. *GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. *Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. *Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. *The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. *I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

Buying cars that don't meet our needs is not helping anyone.

Jeff
Old December 7th 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
jim beam

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:01:25 -0800, buydomestic wrote:

> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

idiot. "big three" are spending all their resources on ways to have their
stuff made in china and mexico. why should we support that?

japanese manufacturers make their stuff in the good old usa, with usa
components and usa workers. buy japanese instead.

Old December 7th 08, 07:10 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
rigger[_3_]

On Dec 7, 10:01*am, wrote:
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. *Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. *GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. *Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. *Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. *The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. *I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

So it's ok though for GM and the others to import parts
and set-up plants overseas but it's not ok when a working man
wants to cut his losses by buying a foriegn car?

You'll need a better rationale than: Let's give our money
to the big 3 so they'll be happy. They never seemed to care
much about the American Public until they've come around
with their hand out. Let the company and investors declare
chapter 11 and straighten out their house. No one gives a
damn if they lose money (except themselves).

dennis
in nca
Old December 7th 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

> wrote in message
> . GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States.

GMs management team has been raping the consumer for years.... the UAW has
been raping the company and the consumer for years... Just like Bob Dylan
said, the times they are a-changin'.... the guys are going to have to pull
their dicks out of our wallets and get back to profitability - and that will
include realistic pay packages...

Putting tab A in slot B is NOT worth what some of these people were getting
paid... welcome to the real world.

Old December 7th 08, 07:43 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Mike Hunter[_2_]

I believe that is what most buyers believe they are doing, don't you? If
you suggest one buy the best, most economical, most intelligent buy, you
must mean buy from GM because more Americans buy their new vehicles from GM
than any other manufacturer

Old December 7th 08, 07:48 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

> wrote in message
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

Import owner are traitors.

Old December 7th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:01:25 -0800, buydomestic wrote:
>
>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

> idiot. "big three" are spending all their resources on ways to have their
> stuff made in china and mexico. why should we support that?
>
> japanese manufacturers make their stuff in the good old usa, with usa
> components and usa workers. buy japanese instead.

Yeh and send all the profits back to good Japan. If the US auto
manufacturing dies, you all will be suckers sucking up to whatever
foriegners make, even when the quality goes down and it will as it is
beginning to already. And if things get really tight and someone fires a
shot at someone and a war breaks out the US won't even have the industry to
build a tank or other war machines on a mass scale.