Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

Old October 8th 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

Even the OEM ones don't seem to last as long these days.

http://www.freep.com/article/2008100...810070338/1014

For a streak-free windshield, Consumer Reports recommends a wiper made
by Southfield-based Federal-Mogul Corp.

The magazine tested and ranked 15 models of wiper blades for its
November issue, and Federal-Mogul's Anco 31 Series model offered one
of the best values.

The Anco ranked third in overall performance, with wipers from Valeo
and RainX taking the first two spots.

But Anco was one of two wipers to be named a Consumer Reports Best
Buy. The Anco model costs $7 a piece for an 18-inch wiper and $10 for
a 24-inch wiper, compared with $9 and $15 for the top-ranking Valeo
model.

Consumer Reports, which had its staffers test the wipers on their
vehicles, suggests drivers change their vehicle's windshield wipers
every six months, when even many of the best models started to leave
streaks.

Jewel Gopwani
Old October 8th 08, 11:41 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
ransley

On Oct 8, 4:34*am, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> wrote:
> > Even the OEM ones don't seem to last as long these days.

> >http://www.freep.com/article/2008100...810070338/1014

> > For a streak-free windshield, Consumer Reports recommends a wiper made
> > by Southfield-based Federal-Mogul Corp.

> > The magazine tested and ranked 15 models of wiper blades for its
> > November issue, and Federal-Mogul's Anco 31 Series model offered one
> > of the best values.

> > The Anco ranked third in overall performance, with wipers from Valeo
> > and RainX taking the first two spots.

> > But Anco was one of two wipers to be named a Consumer Reports Best
> > Buy. The Anco model costs $7 a piece for an 18-inch wiper and $10 for
> > a 24-inch wiper, compared with $9 and $15 for the top-ranking Valeo
> > model.

> > Consumer Reports, which had its staffers test the wipers on their
> > vehicles, suggests drivers change their vehicle's windshield wipers
> > every six months, when even many of the best models started to leave
> > streaks.

> > Jewel Gopwani

> Honda OEM blades have always, ALWAYS been the best you can ever buy.- Hide quoted text -

Prove it.
Old October 8th 08, 03:11 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

> wrote in message
> Even the OEM ones don't seem to last as long these days.
>

> http://www.freep.com/article/2008100...810070338/1014
>
> For a streak-free windshield, Consumer Reports recommends a wiper made
> by Southfield-based Federal-Mogul Corp.
>
> The magazine tested and ranked 15 models of wiper blades for its
> November issue, and Federal-Mogul's Anco 31 Series model offered one
> of the best values.
>
> The Anco ranked third in overall performance, with wipers from Valeo
> and RainX taking the first two spots.
>
> But Anco was one of two wipers to be named a Consumer Reports Best
> Buy. The Anco model costs $7 a piece for an 18-inch wiper and $10 for
> a 24-inch wiper, compared with $9 and $15 for the top-ranking Valeo
> model.
>
> Consumer Reports, which had its staffers test the wipers on their
> vehicles, suggests drivers change their vehicle's windshield wipers
> every six months, when even many of the best models started to leave
> streaks.
>
> Jewel Gopwani

And yet I get better results every time with Tryco. Go figure.

Old October 9th 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
L Alpert[_1_]

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> wrote:
>
>> Even the OEM ones don't seem to last as long these days.

http://www.freep.com/article/2008100...810070338/1014

>> For a streak-free windshield, Consumer Reports recommends a wiper
>> made
>> by Southfield-based Federal-Mogul Corp.
>>
>> The magazine tested and ranked 15 models of wiper blades for its
>> November issue, and Federal-Mogul's Anco 31 Series model offered
>> one
>> of the best values.
>>
>> The Anco ranked third in overall performance, with wipers from
>> Valeo
>> and RainX taking the first two spots.
>>
>> But Anco was one of two wipers to be named a Consumer Reports Best
>> Buy. The Anco model costs $7 a piece for an 18-inch wiper and $10
>> for
>> a 24-inch wiper, compared with $9 and $15 for the top-ranking Valeo
>> model.
>>
>> Consumer Reports, which had its staffers test the wipers on their
>> vehicles, suggests drivers change their vehicle's windshield wipers
>> every six months, when even many of the best models started to
>> leave
>> streaks.
>>
>> Jewel Gopwani

> Honda OEM blades have always, ALWAYS been the best you can ever buy.

A question here. Everyone seems to enforce that Honda makes the
greatest everything for their cars....so I what would like to know is
if Honda actually makes all of these fluids (oil, ATF, brake fluid,
antifreeze) and ancillary components (such as the wiper blades
mentioned above) themselves, or do they contract it out?

I've used Ancos before, and there was no discernable difference in the
performance of the wiper blade.

Old October 9th 08, 02:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
dan

Last I knew, Mobil makes the oil and ATF. Not sure about the rest.

dan

Old October 9th 08, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
larry moe 'n curly

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> And yet I get better results every time with Tryco. Go figure.

My Tripledge silicone rubber wipers are 15 years old and are as good
as new, meaning they don't wipe very well. But that's OK because I
live in sunny Phoenix

Old October 9th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "larry moe 'n curly" > :

>JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> And yet I get better results every time with Tryco. Go figure.

>My Tripledge silicone rubber wipers are 15 years old and are as good
>as new, meaning they don't wipe very well. But that's OK because I
>live in sunny Phoenix

Where, IIRC, I10 has 30 ft high pillars with signs pointing to them
that say something like "flood escape route". You know, for the
biennial "Phoenix Creek becomes Phoenix River torrent".
Old October 9th 08, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
larry moe 'n curly

Dillon Pyron wrote:

> Thus spake "larry moe 'n curly" > :

> > My Tripledge silicone rubber wipers are 15 years old and are as good
> > as new, meaning they don't wipe very well. But that's OK because I
> > live in sunny Phoenix

> Where, IIRC, I10 has 30 ft high pillars with signs pointing to them
> that say something like "flood escape route". You know, for the
> biennial "Phoenix Creek becomes Phoenix River torrent".

I'm closer to I-17.

There are typically 30-40 days of rain here each year, but about 28 of
them are storm days, and we don't have anything close to the drainage
capacity that a place like Chicago does. The last big floods here
occurred in the 1980s, when 100-year floods occurred two years in a
row and wiped out all the bridges across the Salt River, except for
one in Tempe built in the 1930s as a New Deal make-work project.

Old October 9th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
L Alpert[_1_]

"dan" > wrote in message
. net...
> Last I knew, Mobil makes the oil and ATF. Not sure about the rest.
>
> dan

So it would seem that since Honda does not make these items, there is
no true good reason to prefer Honda ATF or oil over another
manufacturer if produced to the same standards.

Old October 10th 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

L Alpert > wrote:

>"dan" > wrote in message
.net...
>> Last I knew, Mobil makes the oil and ATF. Not sure about the rest.

>So it would seem that since Honda does not make these items, there is
>no true good reason to prefer Honda ATF or oil over another
>manufacturer if produced to the same standards.

The problem is verifying that they are produced to the same standards.
By purchasing Honda oil, you are basically paying extra for Honda's quality
control. Is this worth it? I don't think it is any longer, since the
API folks do a pretty good job of things. But for more exotic fluids it
might well be.
--scott

Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy [email protected] Technology 108 October 29th 08 04:36 AM
Wiper Blades Scott Dorsey Technology 2 August 11th 08 09:16 PM
Wiper blades Terry Driving 12 October 10th 06 12:09 AM
73 wiper blades? LeRoy Prosic VW air cooled 1 April 19th 06 01:36 PM
Wiper Blades Gary Mazda 16 January 14th 05 11:48 PM