Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

Old March 15th 08, 01:08 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl Rogers

Default Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

Hi Viatologists,

As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway), Reno was put onto the
map for its gambling, booze and straight-out good times. While many
think of Reno as a desert town, they may not realise that the city
gets its share of snow in the wintertime.

The Worldwide Highway Library, the *first* viatologist's website to
largely devote roadside coverage in large cities domestic and abroad,
now offers a view of Interstate 80 *in* the shadowlands of the Sierras
and less than a kilometre west of US Federal Route 395:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/1403/

You may notice this file's in the temp directory. What does that
mean? Well, all files in the "temporary" directory get purged after
several days. That said, be sure to visit soon and catch the snow
this time around! For more pictures of Interstate 80, from
California, Nevada, Utah and beyond, the Worldwide Highway Library is
your premier source for the USA's cross-continental highway. To get
this fantastic content, simply navigate to the following:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com > Photographs > Americas > United
States > USA Interstate Highways > Interstates

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development,
International Transportation Research, and Interpersonal Psychology.
Has served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide
neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********
Old March 15th 08, 01:33 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Jason Pawloski

On Mar 14, 6:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80

Wrong

> (...including former
> US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway),

Wrong.

>Reno was put onto the
> map for its gambling,

Wrong.

>booze

Wrong.

>and straight-out good times. *

Wrong.

> While many
> think of Reno as a desert town,

Wrong.

> they may not realise that the city gets its share of snow in the wintertime.

Wrong.

Actually, I will personally guarantee you that these days (the wintry
days) far more people from California come to the Reno area with the
intention of skiing, snowboarding, and various other winter-time
activities. Of course they'll probably gamble while they are here, but
to say that people come to Reno to gamble is not entirely accurate.
Old March 15th 08, 01:45 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_4_]

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:08:42 -0700 (PDT), Carl Rogers
> wrote:

>Hi Viatologists,
>
>As a well-sought destination

<< snip >>

**Y*A*W*N**

--
"In my paradigm, there is no, 'right side of the bed.'"
--necromancer
Old March 15th 08, 01:56 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Jason Pawloski

On Mar 14, 6:45*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:08:42 -0700 (PDT), Carl Rogers
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> >As a well-sought destination

> << snip >>
>
> **Y*A*W*N**
>
> --
> "In my paradigm, there is no, 'right side of the bed.'"
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * --necromancer

I'm just happy he said "Lincoln Highway" and didn't come up with some
imaginative no-borders nym for it.
Old March 15th 08, 02:50 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_4_]

Carl Rogers wrote:

> The Worldwide Highway Library, the first viatologist's website to
> largely devote roadside coverage in large cities domestic and abroad,
> now offers a view of Interstate 80 in the shadowlands of the Sierras
> and less than a kilometre west of US Federal Route[sic] 395:

Now that's a fine snap, that is. You can find a few more
here-http://mryamamoto.topcities.com//ca-nv-sjk/ca-nv-sjk.htm

--
Comrade Otto The Duke Of Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old March 15th 08, 03:10 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Luxury Yacht

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
> US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway), Reno was put onto the
> map for its gambling, booze and straight-out good times. While many
> think of Reno as a desert town, they may not realise that the city
> gets its share of snow in the wintertime.

Uh-huh. The gold rush had nothing to do with it. The railroad...silver
mining.

> The Worldwide Highway Library, the *first* viatologist's website

And it will be the last too. Because it's meaningless.

> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/1403/
>
> You may notice this file's in the temp directory. What does that
> mean? Well, all files in the "temporary" directory get purged after
> several days.

It means you're constantly screwing around with the files so you can keep
peppering away with new pronouncements about the same pictures to try to
increase your site hits. BFD!!!!

--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old March 15th 08, 06:01 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 3/14/2008 6:08 PM, Carl Rogers wrote:

> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
> US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway),

And by "former" I take it you mean that it's back to being a regular US
Route instead of a non-existent US Federal Route? Please clarify.

> The Worldwide Highway Library, the *first* viatologist's website

and the *only* one, for that matter...

Which reminds me, other than "something Carl made up to irk English
speaking strangers online worldwide" (paraphrased) I still haven't
gotten a clear answer on what "viatologist" is suppose to mean. Anybody
know?

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old March 15th 08, 06:11 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Jon Morse

Garth Almgren wrote:
> Which reminds me, other than "something Carl made up to irk English
> speaking strangers online worldwide" (paraphrased) I still haven't
> gotten a clear answer on what "viatologist" is suppose to mean. Anybody
> know?

I sure hope it's not something like a proctologist.

--
Jon Morse
Herndon, VA
Old March 15th 08, 01:28 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
My Land of Misery

On Mar 14, 9:19*pm, richard > wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:08:42 -0700 (PDT), Carl Rogers
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> >As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
> >US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway), Reno was put onto the
> >map for its gambling, booze and straight-out good times. *While many
> >think of Reno as a desert town, they may not realise that the city
> >gets its share of snow in the wintertime.

> No sorry.http://www.lincolnhighwayassoc.org/info/nv/
>
> Reno, being near the capital city of Carson, was put on the map
> because of that. Among other reasons. But not for gambling. About the
> only people who think of it as a desert town might be those who live
> in NYC and never been anywhere else.
>

> >The Worldwide Highway Library, the *first* viatologist's website to
> >largely devote roadside coverage in large cities domestic and abroad,
> >now offers a view of Interstate 80 *in* the shadowlands of the Sierras
> >and less than a kilometre west of US Federal Route 395:

> wow.
>

> >http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/1403/

> >You may notice this file's in the temp directory. *What does that
> >mean? *Well, all files in the "temporary" directory get purged after
> >several days. *That said, be sure to visit soon and catch the snow
> >this time around! *For more pictures of Interstate 80, from
> >California, Nevada, Utah and beyond, the Worldwide Highway Library is
> >your premier source for the USA's cross-continental highway. *To get
> >this fantastic content, simply navigate to the following:

> translation: I know it sucks so i'm gonna trash it.
>
> >http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com> Photographs > Americas > United
> >States > USA Interstate Highways > Interstates

> >Enjoy!

> Viatology: "life sucks and so does my website".
>
> --
>
> A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
> Mark Twain(attributed)

Viatologist: (n) One who doctors a worldwide highway library but loses
the patient.
Old March 15th 08, 01:35 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
East Coast Hive Mind

Jon Morse wrote:

> I sure hope it's not something like a proctologist.
>
> --
> Jon Morse
> Herndon, VA

I dunno, CalBog has provan to be quite the asshole.

Reno, NV, USA video Carl ROGÉRS Driving 0 March 21st 07 02:22 PM
Sierra down? Fritz Simulators 8 February 5th 06 08:30 PM
Are my shocks bad on my 99 GMC sierra? [email protected] 4x4 2 September 8th 05 03:41 PM
Sierra jwilson54 Simulators 2 June 22nd 05 09:47 PM
97 GMC Sierra misfire zman13 4x4 0 March 31st 05 05:21 AM