2002 Jeep Liberty 4.7l Misfiring - P0300, P0303, P0305, CAN'T FIGUREIT OUT!

Old February 10th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2002 Jeep Liberty 4.7l Misfiring - P0300, P0303, P0305, CAN'T FIGUREIT OUT!

I HAVE A JEEP LIBERTY THAT IS MISFIRING ON CYLINDERS 3 AND 5. I
REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THE COILS ON #3 AND 5. STILL
SHAKES AND IDLES ROUGH. ACTS LIKE NOTHING WAS REPLACED AND CHECK
ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES WHILE DRIVING OR IDLING. FLASHES 10 TIMES AND
THEN PAUSES FOR A FEW SECONDS REPEDELY, THEN SOMETIMES IT RUNS OK AND
HAS A SLIGHT MISFIRE AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RETURNS, CANNOT
COMPRESS THE GAS PEDALPAST HALF WAY OR VEHICLE WILL CUT OUT AND REV
LIMITER KICKS IN. WHAT COULD THIS ISSUE BE? CLOGGED FUEL INJECTORS?
FAULTY WIRING TO COIL? CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ISSUE?
Old February 10th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>I HAVE A JEEP LIBERTY THAT IS MISFIRING ON CYLINDERS 3 AND 5. I
>REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THE COILS ON #3 AND 5. STILL
>SHAKES AND IDLES ROUGH. ACTS LIKE NOTHING WAS REPLACED AND CHECK
>ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES WHILE DRIVING OR IDLING. FLASHES 10 TIMES AND
>THEN PAUSES FOR A FEW SECONDS REPEDELY, THEN SOMETIMES IT RUNS OK AND
>HAS A SLIGHT MISFIRE AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RETURNS, CANNOT
>COMPRESS THE GAS PEDALPAST HALF WAY OR VEHICLE WILL CUT OUT AND REV
>LIMITER KICKS IN. WHAT COULD THIS ISSUE BE? CLOGGED FUEL INJECTORS?
>FAULTY WIRING TO COIL? CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ISSUE?

Stop yelling.

When you pulled the plugs, what did they look like?
--scott
Old February 11th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

maybe its not getting fuel. is the fuel pressure normal?
Old February 12th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 10, 9:02 pm, "Pete C." > wrote:
> "Steve B." wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:01:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:

> > >I HAVE A JEEP LIBERTY THAT IS MISFIRING ON CYLINDERS 3 AND 5. I
> > >REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THE COILS ON #3 AND 5. STILL
> > >SHAKES AND IDLES ROUGH. ACTS LIKE NOTHING WAS REPLACED AND CHECK
> > >ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES WHILE DRIVING OR IDLING. FLASHES 10 TIMES AND
> > >THEN PAUSES FOR A FEW SECONDS REPEDELY, THEN SOMETIMES IT RUNS OK AND
> > >HAS A SLIGHT MISFIRE AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RETURNS, CANNOT
> > >COMPRESS THE GAS PEDALPAST HALF WAY OR VEHICLE WILL CUT OUT AND REV
> > >LIMITER KICKS IN. WHAT COULD THIS ISSUE BE? CLOGGED FUEL INJECTORS?
> > >FAULTY WIRING TO COIL? CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ISSUE?

> > The flashing check engine light is letting you know a condition exist
> > that will destroy your catalytic converter. If you continue to drive
> > the vehicle like this you are going to have a big hairy repair bill in
> > your future.

> > Steve B.

> Not necessarily, recall the federally mandated 100k mile emissions
> warranty. I had both cats and indeed most of the exhaust on my truck
> replaced (since it's one piece) under that warranty at like 75k miles.

fed emissions warranty is 8years 80k miles, not 100,000
Old February 12th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

if you continue to drive this car it will cause damage. If you can't
fix it, take it some place that can.

2002 Jeep Liberty Battery Cables .[_5_] Jeep 5 February 6th 08 06:20 AM
2002 Jeep Liberty FWD Problem [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 10th 08 02:13 PM
2002 Jeep Liberty LCJ Chrysler 1 March 11th 07 11:53 PM
FA: Jet stage 1 Performance Chip For 2002, 2003 Jeep Liberty [email protected] Jeep 1 July 21st 06 09:12 PM
2002 Intrepid DTC P0300 DAM Technology 0 April 18th 06 01:23 AM