L98 Exhaust

Old July 21st 07, 02:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
gjt

Default L98 Exhaust

Group:

Suggestions for type of mufflers for a '90 L98 Convertible? Looking for
that famous idle rumble.......

Thank you!
gjt

Old July 22nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

I've had 2 L98 C4s with aftermarket exhaust. First one came with a
chambered exhaust of unknown origin and sounded awesome. Deep smooth
rumble at idle and not too loud at full throttle. Second one was
stock so I put on a pair of Flowmaster "American Thunder" mufflers
(not the whole cat-back unit). It didn't sound as nice at idle and
was obnoxiously loud at full throttle. At cruising speed it resonated
so loudly that parts of the interior would rattle. It was cheap,
though.

I'd really recommend hearing one in person before spending the cash
and installing it. The Flowmaster was a real disappointment.

Old July 22nd 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
gjt

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

ups.com...

147 Exhaust Doug Tredwell Alfa Romeo 10 April 5th 07 06:04 PM
A6 Exhaust Richard Wall Audi 4 November 4th 05 11:23 AM
Exhaust Clark Friedrichs Mazda 1 August 24th 05 02:58 PM
DIY Exhaust? joeyd13903 Technology 1 May 23rd 05 11:12 PM
gas in exhaust richard General 0 May 21st 05 11:15 PM