2000 Mazda Protege blue smoke at startup. Why?

Old April 19th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 2000 Mazda Protege blue smoke at startup. Why?

My 2000 Mazda Protege is smoking blue smoke at start up
until it warms up and then it clears up.

Has abt 127k on it and I am the 1st owner and have
taken great care of this car

What is likely cause? Valve guides? Ring job?

I was hoping this car would NOT develop such major wear
at 127k. is this abnormal or normal?
Old April 26th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Seems a bit premature to me if your understanding and my understanding of
"great care" are the same. If you mean always clean and shiny and parked in
the garage, we do not. What's been your oil change routine and if you bring
it to somebody, do you really trust them?

Chris
99BBB