98 golf Ignition switch

Old November 24th 04, 10:16 PM
Mister Resistor

Default 98 golf Ignition switch

I've been having intermittent headlights, AC, wipers, etc over the past few
weeks getting steadily worse. Wiggling the ignition seems to affect it.
Pretty sure the switch is going. Anybody an ignition switch on one of
these? I'm fearing it is a real ordeal.

Dave, '98 Golf GL

Old November 25th 04, 09:37 PM
michael

www.corrado-club.com

there are answers to your questions there

a very frequent problem with the Corrado

i have done the replacement no less than a dozen times in the 8 years I
owned a corrado

cheers

Mike

Old November 25th 04, 09:37 PM
michael

Old November 27th 04, 03:25 PM
Mister Resistor

Thanks, Actually found another site with a pretty good write-up on how to
do it:

http://www.zpipedragon.com/ignition_switch.htm

Went pretty much as they discribe. Not terrribly difficult. Pulling the
adapter off the steering shaft is by far the worst part. Vice grips and a
gear puller are required

Dave
'98 Golf GL

Old November 27th 04, 03:25 PM
Mister Resistor

Old November 27th 04, 06:14 PM
dave

>From: "Mister Resistor"
>
>Thanks, Actually found another site with a pretty good write-up on how to
>do it:

http://www.zpipedragon.com/ignition_switch.htm

>Went pretty much as they discribe. Not terrribly difficult. Pulling the
>adapter off the steering shaft is by far the worst part. Vice grips and a
>gear puller are required
>
>Dave
>'98 Golf GL

So was that the problem? The ign. switch?

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old November 27th 04, 06:14 PM
dave

Old November 28th 04, 03:53 AM
Mister Resistor

Yeah, that was it. I'm back on the road and everything is working just
fine.

Old November 28th 04, 03:53 AM
Mister Resistor