TOWING A SATURN- from theCONFUSING owners handbook !

Old November 3rd 04, 03:38 AM
Roy

Yeah, some people don't seem to understand that even though you can shift
into 4 wheel drive and get better take off traction, that doesn't make your
brakes work any better in the snow.

Old November 3rd 04, 05:23 PM
misterfact

"Kevin M. Keller" > wrote in message >...
> (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and
> came up with:
>

> send a note to Saturn like I did and suggest they
> > quit burrying that info in small print- and put it on the dash!

> because if you can't read the owners manual, you shouldn't be driving. and
> anyone who tows 4 down behind an RV should be smart enough to check that
> before buying a car.
>
> Not all people are so ignorant that they buy something that doesn't meet
> their needs, and then whine that it doesn't work.

Glad to hear that Ken Oelrich sued the Saturn Dealer who stood behind
their fine print owners handbook. I guess the court saw differently.
Go tell the Judge that Oelrich needs to learn to read or get a pair of
glasses!

Here's the story (under Saturn Horror Stories):

a horror story about saturn
I tow my saturn behind my r.v. the dealer never told me I had to
balance and rotate my tires. every 6000 miles.
the transmission was destroyed they told me it was my fault. I sued
them in small claims court and a few days before the court date they
refunded me the $3500.00 I paid to have it reparied.the dealer in
roseville
ca. was absolutely no help, customer service told me too bad. so I had
to sue them.it was amazing how fast they settled when they were served
with small claims court papers. I did it all on the internet from my
home in auburn ca. . the total cost was $27.00. (certified return
receipt.filing papers etc) I have 37000 miles on it and am on my
third set of tires. so my advice after trying to deal with these
people do not fight them take them to court,. until they change
management, think twice before buying a saturn. I will not go into all
the details but you can email me at

kenneth oelrich
Old November 4th 04, 06:02 AM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On 3 Nov 2004 08:23:16 -0800, (misterfact) wrote:

>"Kevin M. Keller" > wrote in message >...

(misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and
>> came up with:
>>

>> send a note to Saturn like I did and suggest they
>> > quit burrying that info in small print- and put it on the dash!

>> because if you can't read the owners manual, you shouldn't be driving. and
>> anyone who tows 4 down behind an RV should be smart enough to check that
>> before buying a car.
>>
>> Not all people are so ignorant that they buy something that doesn't meet
>> their needs, and then whine that it doesn't work.

> Glad to hear that Ken Oelrich sued the Saturn Dealer who stood behind
>their fine print owners handbook. I guess the court saw differently.
>Go tell the Judge that Oelrich needs to learn to read or get a pair of
>glasses!
>
> Here's the story (under Saturn Horror Stories):
>
>a horror story about saturn
>I tow my saturn behind my r.v. the dealer never told me I had to
>balance and rotate my tires. every 6000 miles.
>the transmission was destroyed they told me it was my fault. I sued
>them in small claims court and a few days before the court date they
>refunded me the $3500.00 I paid to have it reparied.the dealer in
>roseville
>ca. was absolutely no help, customer service told me too bad. so I had
>to sue them.it was amazing how fast they settled when they were served
>with small claims court papers. I did it all on the internet from my
>home in auburn ca. . the total cost was $27.00. (certified return
>receipt.filing papers etc) I have 37000 miles on it and am on my
>third set of tires. so my advice after trying to deal with these
>people do not fight them take them to court,. until they change
>management, think twice before buying a saturn. I will not go into all
>the details but you can email me at

>kenneth oelrich

I honestly don't believe there could possibly be someone this stupid.
Kenneth should be removed from the gene pool and banished to the
Antarctic where he won't be a danger to others. Anybody that stupid is
not worth the air they breath.
Old November 4th 04, 06:33 AM
Blah blah

> I honestly don't believe there could possibly be someone this stupid.
> Kenneth should be removed from the gene pool and banished to the
> Antarctic where he won't be a danger to others. Anybody that stupid is
> not worth the air they breath.

Michael Korman is the poster. Kenneth Oelrich was just a guy stupid
enough to correspond with a completely automotive ignorant s.o.b. (with
strongly questionable mental facilities) that greatly abuses the word
"fact". Hope Ken likes spam. Because Korman is the type stupid enough
to post other peoples email addresses in full for spam bots. LOGIC,
Facts, and Common Sense are completely foreign to this assclown. People
like those 2 deserve to get burned at every turn in their life. They are
far to stupid to be helped. The only form of transportation they can
somewhat grasp is a shopping cart. Even then they would find time to
bitch about a floppy caster... Thats why I'm thankful for my newsgroup
filters.

Old November 4th 04, 08:07 AM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:33:16 GMT, Blah blah > wrote:

>> I honestly don't believe there could possibly be someone this stupid.
>> Kenneth should be removed from the gene pool and banished to the
>> Antarctic where he won't be a danger to others. Anybody that stupid is
>> not worth the air they breath.
>>

> Michael Korman is the poster. Kenneth Oelrich was just a guy stupid
>enough to correspond with a completely automotive ignorant s.o.b. (with
>strongly questionable mental facilities) that greatly abuses the word
>"fact". Hope Ken likes spam. Because Korman is the type stupid enough
>to post other peoples email addresses in full for spam bots. LOGIC,
>Facts, and Common Sense are completely foreign to this assclown. People
>like those 2 deserve to get burned at every turn in their life. They are
>far to stupid to be helped. The only form of transportation they can
>somewhat grasp is a shopping cart. Even then they would find time to
>bitch about a floppy caster... Thats why I'm thankful for my newsgroup
>filters.

LOL. OK, I'm relatively new here, I have basically mostly lurked when
I am about to buy/lease a new Saturn, I may have posted a couple times
in the past, but not much. I see I have picked up on one of the groups
trolls just by accident. Speaking of trolls I see that Scharf guy is
still around after 6+ years.

I might add that I have loved all my Saturns (I'm on my 3rd), and
have never had any serious problems with them or the dealer I bought
them from. I may end up being a rather boring poster :-)
Old November 4th 04, 03:28 PM
Matt

Ok sorry ... hate to bust in here.. but a question.. how exactly was the
transmission destroyed? If it was in neutral, no matter what the tires
were doing, the transmission shouldn't have been affected, should it?
Old November 4th 04, 04:05 PM
Oppie

Manual transmission is not a problem. An automatic on the other hand, needs
hydraulic pressure to keep the clutches set properly. Without pressure, the
clutches drag and wear. Short distances at low speed are not too bad.

Old November 4th 04, 04:45 PM
Matt

Ahhh yes sorry.. I'm stuck in my little manual world :P