People Last

Old October 14th 04, 06:03 AM
John

This is one of the reason I am glad to work in a small town dealership.
If I need a car to use on the weekend I can ask my manager and he says
take one just put gas in it. Last week my old Tracker went down with a
broke clutch pedal. The Tow driver charged me a base call fee $25 for a
5 mile tow. The shop pulled the pedal out saw it was a broken weld gave
it to me so I could run and have it welded by a friend then put it
back in all in told $75 for a $200 job. I can feel for you I also work
in Florida and our sales were down but I have never heard something like
"retail comes before people" Good luck with that group.

Old October 17th 04, 05:34 AM
Brooke of Shadows

Old October 18th 04, 03:52 AM
misterfact

"marx404" > wrote in message >...
> [...]
> drive for "a few days" I drive 65 miles a day on the hwy, no good. I told
> him I need a safe car to drive and would like the car checked out , his
> reply was " I drive used cars all the time w/o checking them out" and "you
> can look at the car and tell if it is safe".
>
> In the meanwhile they are working me to the bone and wont give me any time
> off to look for a new. I am one of the top salesman there but I can tell you
> now that I came there with a love for Saturns and the company and now feel
> deeply betrayed and insulted. I am so tired and upset and so is my family
> (who all own saturns). My next car will not be a saturn.
>
> "Retail comes before people"
>
> I guess they are no longer "a different kind of company" when they treat
> people (especially thier employees) as bad or worse than any other car

Thanks for your post. If more victims like you would take the time to
post their stories on the internet- a great thing might have happened.
Saturn would be out of business and all their potential customers
would go buy a quality car from a reputable car company and all of
Saturn's employees would have jobs with that reputable car company!
Old October 20th 04, 09:42 PM
Steve Richardson

To "Marx 404": Pay no attention to all the people saying it's your fault,
that the dealer isn't "Saturn", etc (it's all one big Saturn family in the
advertising, so you have a legitimate right to expect to be treated like a
member of that family -- otherwise it's all just hype and Saturn's no
different than any other big car company). I could tell you similar horror
stories about my local Saturn dealer. I left my 99 SC2 to be repaired, and
it was stolen overnight from their storage lot. They didn't want to spend
the money to install a security system AFTER THE PREVIOUS STRING OF ON-LOT
ROBBERIES, so the thieves were easily able to get into the building and pick
my keys off the board. Then after it was recovered there was marijuana
residue on the dash and in the seat crevices, burnholes everywhere in the
interior, but it took a lot of arm-twisting to get the dealer (who never
admitted liability) to so anything at all. Their solution: Wash it down
and air it out. Forget the seats, forget the back carpets, "it's all we're
gonna do so take it or leave it". Luckily (???) the car was subsequently
demolished by an idiot on the highway last summer, so I'm free of the whole
problem.

Then there's the "courtesy car wash" that's not used for customers anymore
(not for free anyway) located, I kid you not, directly in front of the
walk-up parts window so you're guaranteed to get wet if you try to buy parts
and do your own work instead of letting them do it. I could go on with
similar experiences, but why bother? Marx404, your employer sounds exactly
like the dealers around here. Quit! Life's too short to enrich people like
that.

I'd buy another 99 SC2 3-door coupe in a heartbeat (they're not exactly
thick on the ground around here) but I wouldn't take anything, ever, to a
Saturn dealership for service.

Old October 21st 04, 01:00 PM
marx404

Well, heres the silver lining on this dark cloud. I have been missing much
work and personal time trying to find a new car on a shoestring budget. Had
a talk with my GM again and told him what I was going thru. I am one of the
top salesmen there and when I am not there, sales go down and I make no
money, both bad things for them and me. The GM got involved and talked with
the manager about helping me out.
Then I think a higher power stepped in ...

Tues afternoon an older guy with an '02 SC2 w/ 18k miles traded in. I
approached my boss. He sold me the car for 1k over what he took it in (still
not the 10% the employee handbook says I can buy for, but darn close
enough). It is still under warranty and almost mint except for a very minor
scratch.

Im sure you guys can understand my being so upset, any thinking man would
be. IMHO, Saturn is a great car, always has been. Just Saturn Corp. needs to
be made aware and to put under the microscope their retailers and start
strictly enforcing thier set policies on all dealerships so that both
employees and customers are treated fairly as was originally intended in the
beginning. What happened to me should have never happened nor should I have
been forced to take such a recourse to get this resolved ever. Yet at this
moment, I am content with the outcome.

marx404

Old October 21st 04, 11:10 PM
Oppie

Good news! Best wishes with the new acquisition.

I've always said that there is no fringe benefit from a job like being
appreciated (and rewarded) for a job well done. Sure, base pay plus
commission pay the bills (hopefully at least) but respect is good for the
soul. Not to mention that being a team player is easier when you are looking
toward a goal rather than avoiding a penalty.

Oppie

Old October 22nd 04, 05:54 AM
Jonnie Santos

A serendipitous event - way to go. What color?

Old October 22nd 04, 01:08 PM
marx404

2002 Silver SC2 Level 3 package with every toy except TC. Grey Leather,
roof, enhanced audio, fog lamps, etc... All my mod SL parts fit too!

marx404

Old October 22nd 04, 01:54 PM
Encapuchado

As the old said goes:

Everything is OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end.

Old October 22nd 04, 05:09 PM
Blah blah

Encapuchado please fix the date on your pc. For some reason your post
are coming up a day or two fast.

In article >,
says...