2000 Neon....2.0 SOHC

Old March 3rd 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JohnP[_2_]

Default 2000 Neon....2.0 SOHC

Im replacing the timing belt on this thing in about another 5k
miles....plan on water pump also.what about tensioner....ive never
owned an interferance engine...so i would check the tensioner bearing
and if it felt o.k. i would let it roll on a non interferance
engine,......do you recommend replacing tensioner no matter what or
just check the bearing smoothness.....Thx in advance jp

Old March 4th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

What a coincedence.My old buddy's mom owns a Neon car she bought brand
new.I think it is older than a 2000 model though.As far as I know,the
car has never been any pronlem for her.
cuhulin

Old March 4th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

On Mar 3, 4:46 pm, "JohnP" > wrote:
> Im replacing the timing belt on this thing in about another 5k
> miles....plan on water pump also.what about tensioner....ive never
> owned an interferance engine...so i would check the tensioner bearing
> and if it felt o.k. i would let it roll on a non interferance
> engine,......do you recommend replacing tensioner no matter what or
> just check the bearing smoothness.....Thx in advance jp

As I remember, that tensioner is simply spring-loaded, IOW no
hydraulic damping action. As long as it looks OK and the bearing
feels smooth I would not suggest changing it as a preventative
precaution. Unfortunately, the headgasket is basically on a timing
belt replacement schedule as well, so you do have that to look forward
to...

Toyota MDT in MO

Old March 4th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

On Mar 3, 9:22 pm, wrote:
> What a coincedence.My old buddy's mom owns a Neon car she bought brand
> new.I think it is older than a 2000 model though.As far as I know,the
> car has never been any pronlem for her.
> cuhulin

What a coincEdence! Another useless post!

Toyota MDT in MO

Fuel in Oil..2000 Dodge Neon, SOHC, in-tank fuel pump. Help!! [email protected] Chrysler 2 November 26th 06 11:59 AM
need help 96 neon 2.0 sohc automatic mtate_mtate Dodge 2 October 1st 05 04:36 PM
1998 Neon 2.0 SOHC Brian Chrysler 7 September 2nd 05 05:30 AM
air conditioner compressor '96 neon sohc 2 L Gould Dodge 4 March 13th 05 03:26 PM
99 SOHC Neon manual transmission george Dodge 0 July 8th 04 07:56 AM