1,000HP z06

Old July 15th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

Default 1,000HP z06

http://www.lingenfelter.com/C6ZO6427TT.htm

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 16th 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 14, 11:09 pm, ZÿRiX > wrote:
> http://www.lingenfelter.com/C6ZO6427TT.htm
>
> --
> ZÿRiX
> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

1000 BHP is not fully usable unless you have ALL Wheel Drive like the
Bugatti Veyron or this 1000 BHP VW GTI.
http://www.2fastlane.com/showvideo.php?id=88

Old July 16th 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

You are so full of **** you ****ing stink...

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

"Sal" > wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 16th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sal

1000 BHP will be very useful on a straightaway as far as top speed is
concerned, but it will actually hurt the car in the corners. Top
Gear's pro driver has tested many cars on their track, and the Enzo
Ferrari and Mclaren F1 were the 2 fastest rear wheel drive cars. The
FAR more powerful 730BHP Brabus SL was actually worse on the track
than the BMW M5 and barely better than the FAR FAR FAR less powerful
Lotus Exige. The Bugatti Veyron has the record for that track. BTW,
that just goes to show you that 650 bhp is really about the max usable
power in a rear wheel drive PRODUCTION car on a race track. When you
have all wheel drive, that allows you to have much more usable power
on the curves. That 1000 BHP Corvette would be eaten alive by a stock
Enzo Ferrari or Mclaren F1 on the track.
The only thing it would be good at is a drag race.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OYLR-UnhrGU

Old July 16th 07, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

ZÿRiX wrote:
> You are so full of **** you f.... stink...

Hey ZÿRiX,

I did a killfile on 'Sal' the troll and
voila, my life in this ng got better.

I decided it's better to pity the poor lad as
he has either never enjoyed a piece of
traction limited iron or was scared ****less
when it broke loose.

My questions (academic as usual) a

If someone has been 'scared ****less' is it
still possible that they are 'full of ****?'

Or, are they full of it because they were
fearfully tight-assed about strapping a good
chunk of iron to their fanny?

=================

Note: "Iron," as used here, includes glass
fiber, aluminum, hi-tech carbonfiber
composites, explosive or pressure formed
metal channels and other well engineered
materials that the European car and plane
manufacturers seem slow to master. (Witness
billions of Euros and Pound Sterling dumped
down the porcelain fixture (alias, 'flusher')
by EADS-Airbus on follies like version 1 of
A350 and production delivery of the A380.

Wouldn't have mentioned airplanes but it
occurred to me when our young 'would-be stud'
was equally full of **** on jet aircraft.

If he did his homework he would have known
that the U.K.'s Gloster-Pioneer flew almost a
year before the Me-262. The Germans do get
credit for the first turbojet flight though
-- not the 262. It was the Heinkel He-178.
It's important also to recall that the Brit,
Frank Whittle published the concept in 1928
and received a design patent for the turbojet
in 1930. Hitler was the guy who put the heat
on production of von Ohain's engine design
for the He-178.

There! We got that error corrected. Next?

--
pj
Old July 16th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

> If someone has been 'scared ****less' is it still possible that they are
> 'full of ****?'
>
> Or, are they full of it because they were fearfully tight-assed about
> strapping a good chunk of iron to their fanny?

Both but for the most part it just keeps flowing
from his mind so I would say his brain is producing it...

--
ZÿRiX