94 SL2 Persistent problems...

Old May 25th 04, 11:32 PM
Cozmo

OK. Still with the same problem. Error code 23 is now resolved so no biggie
on that, but error 26 has persisted. We replaced the TPS sensor because my
Haynes Saturn book said that it's what error code 26 would stand for.
Switched it out and still have the same problem. One thing that I noticed
while we replaced the TPS and tested it... because I had a crazy idea that
the floor mats were getting in the way... underneath the floor mats, the
floor boards were soaked on the drivers side and the passengers side.
Worse on the passenger side. Now what the hell is up with that? The only
thing I've heard on it is that it might be my heater coil... am still
investigating this and trying to figures things out. Does anybody here
want to instill some of their input?

Old May 26th 04, 08:46 PM
Barry Schnoor

Do you have a sun roof?

If so, your sunroof has drain lines that come down the windshield posts and
drain somewhere aft of your wheel wells.

Those things get clogged periodically...dust, dirt, pine needles...and drain
onto your floor boards instead.

easy fix on a '94. You pull the air dampers off each side of the dash board
and...(it's been years since I did mine)...take off those side kick panels.
The drain lines are small black rubber hoses behind those panels.

Good luck.

Barry
lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 28th 04, 02:57 PM
Tim Shoppa

"Cozmo" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> 94 Saturn SL2
> Aprox. 97,000 miles on it. Engine seems fine and so does the manal
> transmission. About 2 months ago the SES light started coming on whenever
> I would be idle at a red light or something
> What else could cause this?

I don't remember all the code numbers, but the canister purge solenoid
and EGR solenoid/valve are fairly cheap and usually give out around this
point. Have they been replaced yet?

Tim.
Old June 15th 04, 12:01 AM
jazzz

I owned a 93 SL2 - than bought a 95. Hmm. Well, I'm no mechanic, and
wouldn't trust my car (any car) to a "shade tree" mechanic. I deal with
my Saturn dealer. Any problem I had was solved on the first go.

Jazzz