Navigation system problem

Old February 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

Default Navigation system problem

In my '04 Accord the Honda navigation system consistently has our "home" as
about 100 yards further west of our actual home. I've tried the relocating
the vehicle feature and just about everything else I can think of. Is there
a way to "re-set" the system and start over or fix this problem in any way?
Thanks
H-S-F

Old February 28th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

You could have your house moved.

Old February 28th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Map databases aren't 100% accurate. They don't place every address. Each
segment has a beginning address and an ending address. The addresses in
between are calculated so may be off if lots are different size or
beginning/ending address is wrong. Also whole sections may be off. Your gps
could also be off due to weak signals and few satellites to set location. If
you have something blocking the antenna or a signal interfering could also
cause errors. Google
gps and read some of the articles on how it works. Don't expect pin point
accuracy or you will be driving through store front windows....

Old February 28th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

You can set the location of your home by sitting in the driveway and
saving that location as your home. Should be dead on.

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:22:37 GMT, "Help-Slip-Franklin"

Old March 1st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

You can set that as your home but it will still show your address up the
street. It will also fluctuate around depending on the accuracy of the
current signal.

Old March 1st 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

Depends upon which is more important. Having the address read
correctly, or know where the house is. I use a GPS for location, not
necessarily specific street addresses. To be honest, I don't have a
clue as to what address it shows for my house, but I know it will take
me exactly to my driveway every time in any weather.

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:01:45 GMT, "Woody" > wrote:

>You can set that as your home but it will still show your address up the
>street. It will also fluctuate around depending on the accuracy of the
>current signal.

.. .

Old March 1st 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

Thanks all. I think I'll pass on moving the house but my daughter agrees
with just changing the address to up the street. I find something "just
wrong" with having to do that! The silly thing about wanting the nav to be
100% accurate is that I know where my house is and how to get to it.
I have tried the sitting in the driveway thing to change the location and it
still thinks I live up the street!
H-S-F

Old March 2nd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

Like I said before, do you want to know where your house is, or would
you rather have a phony address number that the program gives you?
The same goes for any location, not just your house. A GPS works with
a location on the Earth. The internal software program may or may not
be synchronized with that location. Trust the GPS. Use the software
as a guide.

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:47:35 GMT, "Help-Slip-Franklin"

BMW X5 navigation system jane BMW 4 July 8th 06 04:00 PM
No map on navigation system craigjamieson BMW 1 June 25th 06 06:03 AM
GT 2.0 JTS Connect+ navigation system Bent Knudsen Alfa Romeo 0 July 20th 05 07:52 PM
navigation system Chris General 0 July 3rd 05 08:48 PM
navigation system Chris General 0 July 3rd 05 08:48 PM