07 Ridgeline Curious thump near the gas pedal when first starting out???

Old January 25th 07, 01:43 AM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tall Oak

Default 07 Ridgeline Curious thump near the gas pedal when first starting out???

There isn't a problem, just a curiosity. Something engages (possibly 4WD)
any ideas? Great car 19MPH Ah! A good sturdy ride!

Thanks, Jim

Old January 25th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Tall Oak wrote:
> There isn't a problem, just a curiosity. Something engages (possibly 4WD)
> any ideas? Great car 19MPH Ah! A good sturdy ride!
>
> Thanks, Jim

---------------------------------

Doesn't the new version of the owner's manual mention that the _A_B_S_
charges up when you first start to drive?

Every other Honda manual mentions it.

'Curly'
Old January 25th 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jrk

"Tall Oak" > wrote in message
> There isn't a problem, just a curiosity. Something engages (possibly 4WD)
> any ideas? Great car 19MPH Ah! A good sturdy ride!
>
> Thanks, Jim

19MPH !! Whoa... slow down a little... it saves lives!

Old January 25th 07, 07:08 PM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tall Oak

mpg

Old January 25th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tall Oak

READ THE MANUAL????? (with great embarassment I'll admit I did)

To me it felt like a magnetic clutch/solenoid engaging and it's in
perspective when the auto door locks click in. but that all could be related
to the ABS. The other ABS cars never did that from the Element/Civic and
Accord That's why I attributed it more to the 4wd. I'll wait until the next
service, I think your right though!

Thanks!

Old January 25th 07, 10:16 PM posted to alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
ed[_4_]

I have noticed the same thump in my 06 Ridge. 17-18 MPG with mine.