rFactor-M?

Old September 16th 05, 10:12 PM
Dave

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
> > Silly, isn't it?
> > All I did was ask a question.....that's what this NG is for.
> >

> It was silly and my post was meant not in the literal sense.

I caught that....

Old September 16th 05, 10:58 PM
Mitch_A

Having this problem often lately, eh Alan? Hehe.

Old September 17th 05, 03:19 AM
Peter

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:16:43 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>I'll look into this. But really, there goes common sense out the window,
>which was part of my original complaint. There has to be a better way of
>doing this. But I do know this, I can run some upgrades on any of the cars,
>and the car still stays within a class-- say, GP3. By implication, then,
>would this not mean that if you choose only GP3s, it's not a certainity that
>you are going to get stock cars. It's all very confusing and defies common
>sense, is the way I see it.

I don't disagree with that, but I've been using computers since the
early 80's and I've yet to find a piece of software of any degree of
complexity that doesn't defy common sense in some area or other.
After all, we're using Windows. ;-)

If you select GP3, the cars in the field are all pretty much on a par
in laptimes. In a qualifying with just GP3 Howstons at the Birmingham
Grand Prix circuit, there was 2.2 seconds between 14 cars.

>Thanks for the explanation, though. I certainly do appreciate that. Your
>reference to being "old", however, strikes me. How old are you? Old to me
>means maybe in the upper 60s. I'm not quite that old yet, but in a little
>over a decade I will be.

I just turned 48, old enough that bits of me that work one day, break
overnight.

>> I hope this helps you get more enjoyment out of rFactor, I'm having a
>> blast.
>>

>I too am having fun with rFactor. It's just that it takes a scrambled mind
>(or a lot of time) to figure out how to do things.

I am highly qualified on at least one of those counts.

>Thanks again,
>
>Alanb

Peter
Old September 17th 05, 05:11 AM
Alan Bernardo

> I just turned 48, old enough that bits of me that work one day, break
> overnight.

There. It's settled. I also just turned 48 (September 1).

Alanb

Old September 17th 05, 06:01 AM
Peter

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:11:46 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>> I just turned 48, old enough that bits of me that work one day, break
>> overnight.
>>

>There. It's settled. I also just turned 48 (September 1).
>
>Alanb

You win by six days, birthday September 7. :-)

Peter
Old September 17th 05, 07:14 AM
Dave

"Peter" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:11:46 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> > wrote:
>
>>> I just turned 48, old enough that bits of me that work one day, break
>>> overnight.
>>>

>>There. It's settled. I also just turned 48 (September 1).
>>
>>Alanb
>>

> You win by six days, birthday September 7. :-)

September 8th here.

Old September 17th 05, 09:23 AM
Sidney H Bridge

Dave wrote:
> "Peter" > wrote in message

>>>There. It's settled. I also just turned 48 (September 1).
>>>
>>>Alanb
>>>

>>You win by six days, birthday September 7. :-)
>>

> September 8th here.

Sept. 4th here.