Car/steering shake

Old August 18th 12, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Car/steering shake

Hi all,

Since last week, my 91 Accord has been shaking very bad while driving. The steering wheel shakes pretty much at all speeds, with higher frequency at higher speeds. The whole car shakes hard at 50-70mph, and sometimes I can feel the car slightly swaying side to side while moving slowly (~10mph) in traffic on the highway. When I get to 70mph, most of the shaking of the car goes away abruptly.

The car also pulls hard to the left on the highway.

One of the tires in the front, and parts of suspension system (coil spring, etc.) on one of the sides in the front are newer, so I know that the front is a bit asymmetric. But it's been that way even before all these problems started appearing.

I'm wondering what sort of repair I'm looking at here. Could this be just a wheel alignment problem, or something more expensive such as drive shaft repair? Is there anything else that I should experiment with and tell my mechanic to help with the diagnostics?

Thanks much,
Fijoy

cowl shake Itsfrom Click Ford Mustang 14 July 13th 08 05:22 PM
Wheel Shake JDReich BMW 9 December 27th 07 03:45 AM
5.2L Shake Shake Shake tubbco15 Chrysler 7 October 25th 05 12:14 AM
steering shake italian_72 VW water cooled 2 May 27th 05 03:28 PM
'71 clutch shake.. help! js Corvette 4 March 21st 05 03:30 PM