TPS C5

Old May 7th 11, 04:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

Default TPS C5

I am starting to see some false readings on a tire pressure sensor. My
C5 is a 2001 and I have replaced the tires three times in 60K and not
replaced the TPS units. How long do these little devils last before
they are completely toast? I have one that is questionable and three
still accurate, maybe. I am running Goodyear EMTs and managed to drive
the left front for two days completely flat. No indication on the
display, it showed 32 PSI, the handling went in the dumper and that was
my first clue.

FBNE
Old May 7th 11, 05:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"FBNE" > wrote in message
>I am starting to see some false readings on a tire pressure sensor.
>My C5 is a 2001 and I have replaced the tires three times in 60K and
>not replaced the TPS units. How long do these little devils last
>before they are completely toast? I have one that is questionable
>and three still accurate, maybe. I am running Goodyear EMTs and
>managed to drive the left front for two days completely flat. No
>indication on the display, it showed 32 PSI, the handling went in the
>dumper and that was my first clue.
>
> FBNE

Like people some die before their time but they should go 10 years.
Make sure you get the one used for the '01, they were a new design
that year. Try http://www.revolutionsupply.com/TPMS/AppGuide.aspx
$47.68, they have been a good supplier for me.

Easy to retrain for position with a good sized magnet.
With the key on, engine off, press both the lock and unlock buttons on
the key fob. A horn chirp within 10 seconds indicates the TPMS
receiver is in the programming mode. Place the magnet over the left
front valve stem until the horn chirps. This forces the LF pressure
sensor to transmit its code to the main module. Repeat the same
procedure for the right front, right rear and left rear sensors in
this order. Verify all four pressure readings are displayed on the
driver information center. Or, press the dic option button until
display is blank.

Hold dic reset button for 3 sec.

Press dic options button again, till the TIRE TRAINING msg appears.

Press dic reset button till the LEARN L FRONT TIRE msg appears.

Put magnet tool on the left front valve.

The horn will sound indicating LF pressure sensor is programmed.
repeat magnet

procedure on tires as follows:

goto RF

goto RR

goto LR

Old May 9th 11, 05:52 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

On 5/6/2011 9:56 PM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> I am starting to see some false readings on a tire pressure sensor. My
>> C5 is a 2001 and I have replaced the tires three times in 60K and not
>> replaced the TPS units. How long do these little devils last before
>> they are completely toast? I have one that is questionable and three
>> still accurate, maybe. I am running Goodyear EMTs and managed to drive
>> the left front for two days completely flat. No indication on the
>> display, it showed 32 PSI, the handling went in the dumper and that
>> was my first clue.
>>
>> FBNE

> Like people some die before their time but they should go 10 years. Make
> sure you get the one used for the '01, they were a new design that year.
> Try http://www.revolutionsupply.com/TPMS/AppGuide.aspx $47.68, they have
> been a good supplier for me.
>
> Easy to retrain for position with a good sized magnet.
> With the key on, engine off, press both the lock and unlock buttons on
> the key fob. A horn chirp within 10 seconds indicates the TPMS receiver
> is in the programming mode. Place the magnet over the left front valve
> stem until the horn chirps. This forces the LF pressure sensor to
> transmit its code to the main module. Repeat the same procedure for the
> right front, right rear and left rear sensors in this order. Verify all
> four pressure readings are displayed on the driver information center.
> Or, press the dic option button until display is blank.
>
> Hold dic reset button for 3 sec.
>
> Press dic options button again, till the TIRE TRAINING msg appears.
>
> Press dic reset button till the LEARN L FRONT TIRE msg appears.
>
> Put magnet tool on the left front valve.
>
> The horn will sound indicating LF pressure sensor is programmed. repeat
> magnet
>
> procedure on tires as follows:
>
> goto RF
>
> goto RR
>
> goto LR

I ordered four new units, we will see how Discount feels about the
install process. I have a big magnet that really does the trick on
resets, just the LF has finally given up true readings...Thanks for the
insight to the TPS units.

FBNE

95: need cps and tps connectors peter Mazda 2 April 24th 11 03:10 AM
TPS sensor... :/ DougW[_2_] Jeep 10 April 21st 11 02:10 PM
96 LHS TPS issue rob Chrysler 10 September 30th 09 12:55 PM
TPS Problem? Mike Duane Jr. Jeep 3 February 8th 06 11:09 PM
84 vette tps adjustment mokey40 Corvette 1 July 7th 05 05:37 PM