2005 Vue with CVT....grrrr....

Old April 4th 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Stewart[_4_]

Default 2005 Vue with CVT....grrrr....

OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced
by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this
one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying
I'm SOL. Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break
the bank? a contact for GM that they've used in the past?
Thanks

Old April 5th 11, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:30:29 -0400, "Stewart" >
wrote:

>OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced
>by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this
>one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying
>I'm SOL. Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break
>the bank? a contact for GM that they've used in the past?
>Thanks

.... heard the 6 cyl (Honda) had a recall - tranny re-program
.... or worst case = tranny replacement.
.... highway speed goofy glitches.
Dunno.
2 people I know - really like their older Vue.
I'd like them to sell me theirs ... :-)
John T.

Old April 5th 11, 12:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
IYM[_3_]

wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:30:29 -0400, "Stewart" >
> wrote:
>
>> OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced
>> by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this
>> one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying
>> I'm SOL. Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break
>> the bank? a contact for GM that they've used in the past?
>> Thanks
>>

> ... heard the 6 cyl (Honda) had a recall - tranny re-program
> ... or worst case = tranny replacement.
> ... highway speed goofy glitches.
> Dunno.
> 2 people I know - really like their older Vue.
> I'd like them to sell me theirs ... :-)
> John T.

....makes me glad I went the cheaper route on my Vue...I have an '06, but
have the 4 cyl ecotech mated up to the apparently titanium - brick -
super - alloy - Italian built 5 speed manual tranny. 130K miles and
both are rock solid...Wish I could say the same for the rest of the
car...all the little things that drive you batty...suspension noises,
rattles, wipers (only drivers side works) rear wiper, electrical funky
things...every time my radiator fan goes on the traction control light
comes on and the the traction control system turns off (as confirmed
this winter on slippery roads). But it gets great mileage and the
meat-and-potatoes of the car (starts, runs, gets from point A to B, good
mileage) is fine
Old April 5th 11, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Check with an independent transmission shop (not one of the big chains).
Ask your local EMS or city garage who does the service on their
transmissions. Probably someone you never heard or thought of but does
excellent work.

"Stewart" > wrote in message
> OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced by
> GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this one is
> going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying I'm SOL.
> Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break the bank? a
> contact for GM that they've used in the past?
> Thanks

2005 VUE CD Player John Verheul[_2_] Saturn 5 June 6th 08 10:35 PM
2005 VUE, V6 JohnS Saturn 2 May 31st 08 04:54 AM
2005 Vue Tires Homer HawgSnott Saturn 2 May 24th 07 04:03 AM
2005 Saturn Vue Jacques Saturn 16 March 18th 05 11:14 PM
grrrr this is driving me insane here chatterx Dodge 6 May 26th 04 03:23 PM