who's selling good OEM type Saturn Parts?

Old December 7th 10, 08:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Anonymouse[_2_]

Default who's selling good OEM type Saturn Parts?

On 11/22/2010 2:31 PM, Oppie wrote:
> Of course you asked for OEM 'type'
>
> I've had some good experience ordering remanufactured parts through
> AutoZone.
> For new OEM, any GM dealer has access to Saturn parts while they last.
> Non-cancelable, non-returnable...
>
> Oppie
> 2001 lw300
>
> "Anonymouse" > wrote in message
>>
>> somethings are hard to find.
>>
>> swp mirrors aren't the same as sw1 mirrors for example.
>>
>> I need front seat covers, front carpet, shades, and headliner.

Hi,

my problem is I've got an SWP... a right hand drive sw1 and some things
are 'different'...like mirrors... or the driver's (right hand) seat... a
nice seat but not sold for other US models...the upholstery is a non
standard color too... they were basically US engined sw1's with japanese
model interiors/mirrors.

they made 450 in 1999 and a "similar number" in 2000.

I'm looking for seat covers carpets etc... and that color isn't in other
US spec saturn cars.

Old December 7th 10, 08:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Anonymouse[_2_]

On 11/25/2010 4:58 PM, marx404 wrote:
> Whats an SWP?

a right hand drive sw1 made in 1999 and 2000... less than 1000 total
made... us spec car with japanese interior and mirrors.

interior is a different color/pattern (my biggest problem now)

US mirrors don't fit either (so I glued my right hand mirror glass back
in... I wanted to replace it with US glass so I could have wide angle
mirrors on both sides)
Old December 7th 10, 08:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Anonymouse[_2_]

On 11/25/2010 9:20 PM, Wordsworth wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:58:49 -0500, > wrote:
>
>> Whats an SWP?

> As I understand, it's a Station Wagon, Postal.
>
> Basically, it's an SW, but with right-hand drive.
>
> The Mirrors are different because the right side needs to be flat and
> the left side convex.

and they're shorter too by about 2 inches...so the glass won't fit
regardless.
Old December 7th 10, 08:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Anonymouse[_2_]

On 11/28/2010 4:45 PM, Oppie wrote:
> From an old thread they are/were used for postal delivery. Right Hand
> Drive was important for that.
>
> I wonder who was doing the service for the postal service? Perhaps they
> have spare inventory...
>
> "marx404" > wrote in message
>> Whats an SWP?

nobody... they weren't sold to the USPS... they were intended for rural
route carriers who use their own cars.
Old February 5th 11, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NukeDude

Anonymouse > wrote in news:RH3Go.32793$sK1.688
@newsfe21.iad:

> somethings are hard to find.
>
> swp mirrors aren't the same as sw1 mirrors for example.
>
> I need front seat covers, front carpet, shades, and headliner.

I have had great luck with:
www.saturnparts.com

Old February 5th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

bummer - no parts for LW series

.. .

Old March 3rd 11, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Linda[_2_]

I have been an LBC (Little British Car) restorer hobbyist since 1973
which was just before the catalogs for parts came out so I had to
fabricate my metal parts. Today I also restore VW's besides on lone
catalogs I have dozens of mail order catalogs as well as numbers in
the back of magazines for parts.

Why aren't there any company's with these catalogs now for our
Saturn's?

Linda

Selling Parts Soccermandan BMW 1 May 3rd 07 06:30 PM
I'm Selling My Saturn Joe[_19_] Saturn 4 December 8th 06 11:42 PM
Resonable Price Selling OEM Civic SE Rims/Tires. Armand Honda 2 April 26th 06 08:12 AM
FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM
Is there a good online source to buy Saturn parts? Larry Saturn 2 February 20th 05 02:32 AM