Oil refiners suing EPA over new ethanol rules

Old January 4th 11, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

Default Oil refiners suing EPA over new ethanol rules

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/22vd5z8

In short, the refiners are claiming that the EPA doesn't have the
authority to allow the sales of E15 - or gas containing up to 15%
ethanol.

Of note is that the EPA says that E15 is fine for vehicles 2007 model
year or newer and is researching its usability in 2001 to 2006
vehicles, but what about 2000 model year and older? There's still a
lot of them on the road...

--

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS admits to being a
flaming homosexual who uses sexual favors on judges to

"
> As opposed to you who sucks off the judge to get away
> with your crimes.
>
> Is that how you got away with 41 in a 25, speedie?

So you admit the judge was bribed?. Good - glad i
convinced you of that much anyway."

-- Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS - 7/13/09

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/njvw4s
MSG ID:
Old January 4th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Little Abner

On 1/4/2011 12:37 AM, necromancer wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/22vd5z8
>
> In short, the refiners are claiming that the EPA doesn't have the
> authority to allow the sales of E15 - or gas containing up to 15%
> ethanol.
>
> Of note is that the EPA says that E15 is fine for vehicles 2007 model
> year or newer and is researching its usability in 2001 to 2006
> vehicles, but what about 2000 model year and older? There's still a
> lot of them on the road...
>
> --
>
> Speeders& Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS admits to being a
> flaming homosexual who uses sexual favors on judges to
> get away with highway crimes:
>
> "
>> As opposed to you who sucks off the judge to get away
>> with your crimes.
>>
>> Is that how you got away with 41 in a 25, speedie?
>>

> So you admit the judge was bribed?. Good - glad i
> convinced you of that much anyway."
>
> -- Speeders& Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS - 7/13/09
>
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/njvw4s
> MSG ID:

It's pure politics with our taxes and our pocketbooks.
A gallon ofEthanol takes over a gallon of petroleum to produce along the
way.
We subsidize it's production with our taxes. It causes damage and
inconvenience to us. It takes money from our pockets, on both ends.
The highly funded Ethanol Corn Lobby has more influence than American
Citizens.
Ethanol is illogical. It cost too much for every aspect of its use.
It's production and use produce more pollution than ordinary gasoline.
It is responsible for huge rise in cost for food!
Now we will hear from some Minnesota, Iowa, or Illinois Farmer that
enjoys the legislated profits Ethanol is bringing them and that their
1904 rink a dink has run great on ethanol for 200 years.
Old January 4th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-01-04, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/22vd5z8
>
> In short, the refiners are claiming that the EPA doesn't have the
> authority to allow the sales of E15 - or gas containing up to 15%
> ethanol.
>
> Of note is that the EPA says that E15 is fine for vehicles 2007 model
> year or newer and is researching its usability in 2001 to 2006
> vehicles, but what about 2000 model year and older? There's still a
> lot of them on the road...

The corn lobby is more important. Sugar tariffs so we get nasty HFCS,
ethanol requirements and ethanol tariffs so we get energy loser gasohol.
Yes, not only are there ethanol requirements, but there are tariffs to
prevent the use of cheaper, energy gaining, sugar cane ethanol from
other countries.

Old January 4th 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>The corn lobby is more important. Sugar tariffs so we get nasty HFCS,
>ethanol requirements and ethanol tariffs so we get energy loser gasohol.

Ummmm... thanks for answering my question.

>Yes, not only are there ethanol requirements, but there are tariffs to
>prevent the use of cheaper, energy gaining, sugar cane ethanol from
>other countries.

So we can become dependent on foreigners for sugar cane like we are
now dependent on OPEC?

--
"And then we wonder why the UFO's won't
stop by and say hello..."
Old January 4th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-01-04, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:
>
>>The corn lobby is more important. Sugar tariffs so we get nasty HFCS,
>>ethanol requirements and ethanol tariffs so we get energy loser gasohol.

> Ummmm... thanks for answering my question.

The corn lobby is more important than old cars. Other than flex fuel
cars E15 will probably harm just about everything with long term
exposure.

>>Yes, not only are there ethanol requirements, but there are tariffs to
>>prevent the use of cheaper, energy gaining, sugar cane ethanol from
>>other countries.

> So we can become dependent on foreigners for sugar cane like we are
> now dependent on OPEC?

How is buying oil from opec (or any place else) to make corn ethanol
that moves a car a shorter distance than making gasoline from the oil
fighting 'dependency on foreigners'?

The whole thing is about benefiting people in the corn business, always
was, still is.