Front seat repair ideas 94 SC2

Old April 12th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_14_]

Default Front seat repair ideas 94 SC2

Hi

Anyone have any idea what is the best course to follow here. Left front
bucket seat edge totally worn out to the springs. Should I take it to a seat
repair place (if I can find one), or are there new seats for a 94 that would
be a better choice?

Fred

Old April 13th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

I went to a scrap yard and bought replacement seats for $50. This was for my
95 sl1 and that was back in 99. Bolted right in place

Old April 13th 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
IYM[_2_]

"Shawn" > wrote in message
>I went to a scrap yard and bought replacement seats for $50. This was for
>my 95 sl1 and that was back in 99. Bolted right in place
> "Fred" > wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone have any idea what is the best course to follow here. Left front
>> bucket seat edge totally worn out to the springs. Should I take it to a
>> seat
>> repair place (if I can find one), or are there new seats for a 94 that
>> would
>> be a better choice?
>>
>> Fred

Was going to suggest the same thing. The seatback in my 94 SL2 broke to the
point I almost crashed as I was driving and the next thing I know I'm almost
laying flat! LOL (You never realize how much you need a seatback until you
have to try driving home the rest of the way without it! esp a stick shift!)

Anyyway, I went to the junkyard and walked around checking out other Saturns
for a good seat. Unfortunatley I couldn't get one that matched my interior,
so I had to get a set of seat covers. I wasn't too picky as the car had
high mileage on it and was a back-and-forth to work car. If functionality
is what you need, this is the way to go...

IYM

Old April 13th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SteveT[_2_]

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Anyone have any idea what is the best course to follow here. Left front
> bucket seat edge totally worn out to the springs. Should I take it to a
> seat
> repair place (if I can find one), or are there new seats for a 94 that
> would
> be a better choice?
>
> Fred

Hi, Fred,
Perhaps a junk yard would be a good place to start, at least to get a
base cost for the seat itself?

Old April 14th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Drooler[_2_]

Heck our local U-Pull-It sells seats for $10 each. your car is 15 years
old - value is
probably in the XXX range. Pull the seat - measure the mounting spacing -
take the seat off the
frame - measure the mounting spacing. with this info go to your local yard
and find a replacement seat.
You can probably get a matching pair for WAY less than a shop would cost to
rebuild.

Old April 15th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

Run a search at http://www.car-part.com
They have hundreds of seats for your car - leather, fabric, different
colors, different condition, etc.
Old April 16th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_14_]

Hi All

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will check out the local junk yards and also
http://www.car-part.com for what's available!

Fred