Jetta 1992 Shift boot

Old December 27th 04, 10:08 PM
Mjelley

Default Jetta 1992 Shift boot

Believe it or not, I ran a google search for VW Jetta 1992 boot for my stick
shift and of all the retail and ebay sales available, none of them
specifically say that their boot will fit the shape of the 1992 jetta stick.
Has anybody found a reliable accessories dealer where I could find and
purchase this boot? It is rectangle-shaped and requires the plastic frame
to fit properly - which is gone and leather boot which is actually naugahyde
and has so many holes in it it might as well not be there.

Thanks in advance,
Marianne

Old December 28th 04, 03:30 AM
Matt B.

"dave" > wrote in message
> http://www.roadworksauto.com/wheelskins_boots.htm
> http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/genleatrepge.html
> http://www.abtivan.com/obx/obx_knobboots.htm

Also:
http://www.aglausa.com/

They don't have the accordian/rubbery ones, but they have leather ones that
are like what the GTIs and GLIs had. My OEM one for my GTI shredded and
flaked within the first year of ownership (shame on VW). I replaced it with
a leather boot from AGLA and that same boot today still fits great and looks
good 12 years later. It has an elasticized "hem" (for lack of a better
word) and fits nicely over the lip on the console.

Old December 28th 04, 03:30 AM
Matt B.

Old December 28th 04, 03:39 AM
Mjelley

You guys are awesome. I did try Ebay and found the same one I had found
earlier at a retail site. I will check all the sites you sent me and
Thanks again
Marianne

Old December 28th 04, 03:39 AM
Mjelley