cold air induction

Old August 5th 08, 03:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default cold air induction

Is cold air induction a good idea for a c5. Does it make the car run
hotter or colder.

Ralph
Old August 5th 08, 05:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

I hope you get a good anwser.

I never got much. I think the "Hurricane" is a good answer.

Ed

Old August 5th 08, 01:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 4, 9:48*pm, rebco10 > wrote:
> Is cold air induction a good idea for a c5. *Does it make the car run
> hotter or colder.
>
> Ralph

REPLY: My guess is this : It allows for more power thru a cooler air/
fuel charge and thru the computer richening the mixture , but
considering the temperatures encountered in the combustion process, a
10 or 15 f. drop in cold air coming in isnt enough to affect the
coolant temperature readout on the DIC.
Old August 5th 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"rebco10" > wrote in message
> Is cold air induction a good idea for a c5. Does it make the car
> run
> hotter or colder.
>
> Ralph

Makes your billfold run lighter is the biggest change you'll see.

Old August 6th 08, 03:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

C5 already has "cold air" induction. Please look at where it breathes from!

2006 Dodge Challenger Concept Car Shown NAIAS 6.1L 425HP Engine Cold Air Induction fvl Orange (2006 WW@WD Tent) CL.jpg 432668 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 June 12th 07 05:28 PM
2006 Dodge Challenger Concept Car Shown NAIAS 6.1L 425HP Engine Cold Air Induction fvl Orange (2006 WW@WD Tent) CL.jpg 432668 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Car Show Photos 0 June 12th 07 05:15 PM
Cold air induction Sydney Peters Mazda 1 June 30th 05 08:20 PM
Cold air induction Sydney Peters Mazda 1 June 28th 05 03:46 PM
Cold air induction Sydney Peters Mazda 1 June 28th 05 04:27 AM