29 year old , mother of 4 , dies while test driving a SuperChargedVette

Old February 19th 10, 03:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

Default 29 year old , mother of 4 , dies while test driving a SuperChargedVette

http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....e=&category=mr
Old February 20th 10, 01:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 19, 9:48*am, " > wrote:
> http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&....

It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . How
tragic for the young mother.
Old February 20th 10, 03:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I[_2_]

Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?

Old February 21st 10, 03:01 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 20, 9:53*am, Bob I > wrote:
> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?
>
> On 2/20/2010 7:39 AM, wrote:
>

> > On Feb 19, 9:48 am, > *wrote:
> >>http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&....

> > It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . *How
> > tragic for the young mother.- Hide quoted text -

It wouldnt have made any difference to her and her family and friends,
but, it would have made a difference to the passenger who was looking
to buy the Corvette she was giving him a ride in...because he wouldnt
have been in her SUV . The passenger was banged up pretty good and of
course witnessed her dying beside him -- something that is not easily
forgotton.
Old February 21st 10, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I[_2_]

On 2/20/2010 9:01 PM, wrote:
> On Feb 20, 9:53 am, Bob > wrote:
>> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?
>>
>> On 2/20/2010 7:39 AM, wrote:
>>

>>> On Feb 19, 9:48 am, > wrote:

http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&...

>>> It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . How
>>> tragic for the young mother.- Hide quoted text -

> It wouldnt have made any difference to her and her family and friends,
> but, it would have made a difference to the passenger who was looking
> to buy the Corvette she was giving him a ride in...because he wouldnt
> have been in her SUV . The passenger was banged up pretty good and of
> course witnessed her dying beside him -- something that is not easily
> forgotton.

So the moral of the story is "Don't ride with idiots".
Old February 21st 10, 07:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:42:11 -0600, Bob I > wrote:

>On 2/20/2010 9:01 PM, wrote:
>> On Feb 20, 9:53 am, Bob > wrote:
>>> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?

http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&...

>> It wouldnt have made any difference to her and her family and friends,
>> but, it would have made a difference to the passenger who was looking
>> to buy the Corvette she was giving him a ride in...because he wouldnt
>> have been in her SUV . The passenger was banged up pretty good and of
>> course witnessed her dying beside him -- something that is not easily
>> forgotton.

>So the moral of the story is "Don't ride with idiots".

I suspect that at some time we all have been that idiot or will be.

brian
Old February 21st 10, 08:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Bob I wrote:
> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?
>
> On 2/20/2010 7:39 AM, wrote:
>> On Feb 19, 9:48 am, > wrote:

http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&...

>> It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . How
>> tragic for the young mother.

@Ireland: Deaths, when one undertakes challenges close to the limit of
their physical and skill capacities, are usually more notable. (And, are
more critically judged by the naysayers of free competition.)

Hence, the human competitive spirit and the growth of excellence.

--
pj
Old March 3rd 10, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

On Feb 20, 10:53*am, Bob I > wrote:
> Would it have made any difference if she had died in an SUV instead?
>
> On 2/20/2010 7:39 AM, wrote:
>

> > On Feb 19, 9:48 am, > *wrote:
> >>http://www.vettetube.com/view_video....4d9530d12a188&....

> > It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . *How
> > tragic for the young mother.- Hide quoted text -

"Would it have made a difference??What an ass. If he was looking at
an suv. the owner would demo the space or ride in the snow and the
tragedy would not have happened. While you bob have never been in an
accident or lost control.. I have. And by the way.. it is not only
based on ones ability..
Old July 14th 10, 04:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Skill has very little to do with it. You do this stuff on a racetrack with
safety gear so when you do crash, you do not kill yourself or others.

Best drivers in the world crash. Skill doesn't have that much to do with
it. Off the street and on a track, do.

Vito