central locking problem trunk/boot won't unlock 1994 4-door e36

Old April 7th 06, 12:23 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default central locking problem trunk/boot won't unlock 1994 4-door e36

Any ideas on how to open the trunk/boot on a 1994 325tds central locking is
unlocking and locking doors ok but the trunk/boot remains locked and will
not open with the key. have checked all fuses in case trunk was on a
separate circuit but they are okay.if some one could give me an answer not
involving a crow bar it would be much appreciated

Old April 7th 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> Any ideas on how to open the trunk/boot on a 1994 325tds central locking is
> unlocking and locking doors ok but the trunk/boot remains locked and will
> not open with the key. have checked all fuses in case trunk was on a
> separate circuit but they are okay.if some one could give me an answer not
> involving a crow bar it would be much appreciated

Are you using the valet parking key? This will open everything except
the boot lock!

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old April 7th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default central locking problem trunk/boot won't unlock 1994 4-door

one key opens everything unlocking the driver or passenger door also
unlocks the boot it is not a button type lock is actually a key and door
lock the lock on the boot just turns

Old April 8th 06, 03:35 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I don't knoiw about the central locking, but it sounds to me like you are
trying to unlock the trunk using the Valet Key. The valet key will not open
the trunk, and if the trunk is locked the right way, it won't respond to the
central locking anyway.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old April 8th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Your E36 is different than everybody else's.

When you find a key that fits the trunk, you notice that it can be turned
either left or right, then back to the center. If turned to the right, the
trunk will be locked all of the time, and will not respond to the central
locking. If the key is turned to the left, then the trunk will lock and
unlock via the central locking.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 4th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

i've been the owner of this car for 2 years the trunk has always locked and
unlocked at the same time as the rest of the doors. it has only been in the
last 6-8 weeks that the boot/trunk has not unlocked any other ideas there
is definately only 1 key which when placed in the driver or passenger
doors locks and unlocks everything

Old May 4th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

In article outautos.com>,
ANDY-bmw > wrote:
> i've been the owner of this car for 2 years the trunk has always locked
> and unlocked at the same time as the rest of the doors. it has only been
> in the last 6-8 weeks that the boot/trunk has not unlocked any other
> ideas there is definately only 1 key which when placed in the driver or
> passenger doors locks and unlocks everything

Faulty central locking motor, wiring, or the lock needing
cleaning/lubricating.

--
*I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.