1993 4cyl no spark detected?

Old December 8th 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1993 4cyl no spark detected?

Hello,
The car was in storage and won't start. I detect no spark and have cleaned all electrical plug connections with cleaner spray. Anyone have advice on what to check first, and how - for example ECC, All components look clean from crank position sensor to modules.
Old December 10th 12, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nofingers

> wrote in message
>Hello,
>The car was in storage and won't start. I detect no spark and have cleaned
>all electrical plug connections with cleaner spray. Anyone have advice on
>what to check >first, and how - for example ECC, All components look clean
>from crank position sensor to modules.

no spark - usally coil is bad, (or the lead to it that grounds the other
side of the coil to make spark has a problem).

it is very hard to see spark on spark plug or lead to block in daytime.
(usually it is fuel problems)

how is rotor ? I would change rotor and dist cap. (there is a module
also, in there, but test that later on)

did you test just the coil yet ? coils are cheap. (just ground the other
side, => not the hot side to ign and to battery)

typically the ECC is good, rock solid.

(later test => also check the grounds that they are well connected, and
there is a ground wire fromthe ECC to the chassis near the battory and then
to the battory, sometimes there is a single pin connector that has corroded
and gives the system a poor ground, and you get all kinds of erratic stuff)

sounds like the starter is working, there is another problem that these old
cars have with the starter relay box, loose ground wire undernieth box.

Also check the Alternator output plug, on some they get burned and end up
not being able to charge the battory.