Spitfire 1500 Houndstooth Seats

Old February 11th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Rusty[_2_]

Default Spitfire 1500 Houndstooth Seats

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me locate the
correct Beige houndstooth fabric that was used on the 1977-1980
triumph spitfires.

I've seen the seat covers that are made by Newton Commercial and the
houndstooth fabric is a perfect match. Only thing is the beige vinyl
is a very bad match. Please see pictu

http://home.comcast.net/~reinarson/seat.jpg

It seems that all of the suppliers like Rimmer Bros, Moss Motors,
British Victoria all sell the Newton Commercial kits. I purchased a
set from Moss and I was disappointed that the beige vinyl did not
match at all as you can see in the picture. The cloth houndstooth seat
panels are a perfect match though.

My spitfire only has 14,000 miles and the only part of the seat that
needs replacement is the houndstooth seat panels. I thought I would
try contacting Newton Commercial to see if they would sell me a couple
of yards of their fabric and I would have a local trimmer sew in new
panels for me.

The response from Newton is that they won't sell the just the fabric
to a retail customer. All they offered to do is sell me another set of
their poorly matched seat covers.

I was wondering if anyone in this group knows how I could locate some
of this material?

Best Regards, Rusty
Old February 12th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

Hello,

You may be better off buying a vinyl dye in the color you want and
changing your existing seats yourself. If not, here are some companies
I have had good experiences with:

www.justdashes.com 1-800-247-3274

www.newportupholstery.com 1-877-820-4411 they'll send you
free samples

www.smsautofabrics.com 503-263-3535 these guys are kind of
expensive but they have a lot of original fabric (not just
reproduction) for a lot of different cars

www.lebaronbonney.com 1-800-221-5408 If these guys can't
supply it, I doubt anyone can

Good luck. Post back if you find what you're looking for.

Forrest
Old February 14th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Otto Skorzeny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You may be better off buying a vinyl dye in the color you want and
> changing your existing seats yourself. If not, here are some companies
> I have had good experiences with:
>
> www.justdashes.com 1-800-247-3274
>
> www.newportupholstery.com 1-877-820-4411 they'll send you
> free samples
>
> www.smsautofabrics.com 503-263-3535 these guys are kind of
> expensive but they have a lot of original fabric (not just
> reproduction) for a lot of different cars
>
> www.lebaronbonney.com 1-800-221-5408 If these guys can't
> supply it, I doubt anyone can
>

> Good luck. Post back if you find what you're looking for.
>
> Forrest

Also try Autokraft, they might be able to supply something cheaper.
Sometimes their stuff matches "OK" and sometimes it matches pretty well.

Do you still have the repro covers or did you send them back? If you
still have them a good local trim shop should be able to easily sew the
new cloth into your old seat covers.

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old February 28th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Rocco Toma

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MESE:IT