Updates ov VWLUVRS

Old September 30th 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
vwluvrs[_2_]

Default Updates ov VWLUVRS

Ok, so Jan asked for an update, here we go. Yes, I am still fully involved in the ACVW scene, and still have our 1958 bug 'Alfie". Alfie is NOT completed even after these 10 years.. still have not installed door cards, carpet, and final touches.. but, at least hes a driver.. still 100% stock except for the 12v conversion done via a small diameter Porsche generator. There are lots of photos of Alfie on the samba, as well as at our webshots photos web pages. If interested, let me know, Ill give you links.
The economy sucks, I lost my job as an Architect (seems NO ONE is building anything in Calif.) Our un-employment rate in Fresno is 12-15%. Consequently, also lost our American Dream of our retirement home, so we lost a HUGE sum of money, and now we rent.
So, to try to make ends meet, I have taken back up the metric wrenches, and and buying/flipping ACVW's. In the last year I have bought (and either sold or am currently selling)a 1965 Ghia (ebay); and a kelmark kit car. I have resurrected a barn find 1956 oval, and the owner (in their family since 1967) of that driver who we call "Klaus" is quite happy. I also have helped bring back to life (don't ask me why!) a 78 SB convertible. As soon as the Ghia sells, I have my eyes on a 63 bug, no motor, but i just 'happen' to have a dual port, dual webered 1835 sitting in my garage looking for a home.
I also do custom and restoration of the pesky little die-cast VW hot wheels, dinky's, schuccos, and matchbox toys. Not a lot of money in those, but they are fun.
You can find me on facebook, and Alfie VW has his own facebook page as well, and more friends that me.. Worldwide!
Glad to see/hear from the old group, lets keep it up!
Terry
Old October 1st 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
vwluvrs[_2_]

Meet Klaus the 56 oval, here is the forum rants about him on the samba..
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=520708