My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

Old August 20th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

Default My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission,
mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a couple
of years and only after he has had the typical teen age parking lot and
other
(hopefully) minor fender benders. Then I'll take him to an abandoned
airport
and let him drive the car.
I don't know of any abandoned airports nearby, so my Capri can rest easy
for now.
:-)
Dick in MN
Old August 21st 12, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 8/20/2012 15:54, Dickr wrote:
> He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual
> transmission,
> mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a couple
> of years and only after he has had the typical teen age parking lot and
> other
> (hopefully) minor fender benders. Then I'll take him to an abandoned
> airport
> and let him drive the car.
> I don't know of any abandoned airports nearby, so my Capri can rest easy
> for now.
> :-)
> Dick in MN

Oh cmon Dick! I learned to drive when I was 13 in my grandfathers
1972 Cadillac De Ville. In the Sears parking lot on a Sunday. Actually
I'd been running riding mowers for years by then But it made him happy
and it was fun. And as long as Pops was in the other seat I wasn't going
to open up that 472. Only after I inherited the car years later did I
know that it was in fact much more powerful than an 84 5.0 LOL
Old August 21st 12, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 8/20/2012 8:31 PM, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> On 8/20/2012 15:54, Dickr wrote:
>> He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual
>> transmission,
>> mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a
>> couple
>> of years and only after he has had the typical teen age parking lot and
>> other
>> (hopefully) minor fender benders. Then I'll take him to an abandoned
>> airport
>> and let him drive the car.
>> I don't know of any abandoned airports nearby, so my Capri can rest easy
>> for now.
>> :-)
>> Dick in MN

> Oh cmon Dick! I learned to drive when I was 13 in my grandfathers
> 1972 Cadillac De Ville. In the Sears parking lot on a Sunday. Actually
> I'd been running riding mowers for years by then But it made him happy
> and it was fun. And as long as Pops was in the other seat I wasn't
> going to open up that 472. Only after I inherited the car years later
> did I know that it was in fact much more powerful than an 84 5.0 LOL

I'm not worried about how powerful the car is, however I am worried
about a fender bender. The Capri is a hatchback (bubbleback) and I've
only seen 1 other like mine in the last 28 years. Repair parts for the
front spoiler or the rear hatch or bumper would be impossible to find.
That's why I'm concerned. To me it's somewhat of a rare collector car
and I baby it.
Dick in MN
Old September 2nd 12, 07:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Steve in AZ[_2_]

Dick;

I just inherited my late father's 95 Mustang GT vert. Looking across the
web, there is an unbelievable amount of vendors out there! 64-2013 stangs
and Capris!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message; however a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.