Shelby Durability Car: Place Your Guesses

Old January 17th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Shelby Durability Car: Place Your Guesses

That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will get
rich.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/sp...lby/#more-9495

When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?

Patrick
Old January 18th 12, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2012-01-17, > wrote:
> That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will get
> rich.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/sp...lby/#more-9495

> When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?

A car that cannot be titled and thus cannot be driven except when
trailered to a track... or on a private estate or farm. A car that may
have been beaten to hell in testing and is now mechanically worn to the
point of being a 10 or 15 year old car. A prototype that -might- be
worth something decades down the line. Shelby's autograph is on a ton
of cars now. Not exactly uncommon. Just because he drove it once or
twice really doesn't do much either. a 1/4 or less of retail price
would be a rational price. I doubt anyone will be bidding that
rationally however and it will likely go for 6 figures.

Old January 18th 12, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 18, 12:42*am, Brent > wrote:
> On 2012-01-17, > wrote:
>
> > That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will get
> > rich.

> >http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/sp...t500-at-barret...

> > When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?

> A car that cannot be titled and thus cannot be driven except when
> trailered to a track... or on a private estate or farm. A car that may
> have been beaten to hell in testing and is now mechanically worn to the
> point of being a 10 or 15 year old car. A prototype that -might- be
> worth something decades down the line. Shelby's autograph is on a ton
> of cars now. Not exactly uncommon. Just because he drove it once or
> twice really doesn't do much either. a 1/4 or less of retail price
> would be a rational price. I doubt anyone will be bidding that
> rationally however and it will likely go for 6 figures.

But then look at the historic drag cars that WERE flogged to an inch
of their life.

I think 6 digits is likely too. If Mr Shelby keels overs very soon,
the new owner may make out on the likely stiff price tag sooner than
than later though.

Patrick
Old January 20th 12, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

" > wrote in message
> That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will
> get
> rich.
>
> http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/sp...lby/#more-9495
>
> When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?
>
> Patrick

Auctioned for charity? Sky's the limit on this one.
I'll be surprised if it isn't over 100k. It'll make someone a nice
decor piece.

Wonder if the interior smells like C.S's. Chili farts?
--
John C
'11 GT

Old January 22nd 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

" > wrote in message
> That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will
> get
> rich.
>
> http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/sp...lby/#more-9495
>
> When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?
>
> Patrick

I didn't see this one roll up, but it brought a cool 300k. Not too
shabby, for a door-stop.

Did anyone catch the Shelby "barn find". All original, with the
exception of some freshening up of the mechanicals....350k. Yikes.

The one that floored me was the Camaro ZL1...410k! I used to restore
the 69's and passed on one of these about 15 years ago, for 25k. Just
shoot me!
--
John C.
'11 GT