2004 Stratus Oil filter location

Old July 14th 04, 01:06 AM
me

Default 2004 Stratus Oil filter location

Could someone spread a lil light on the whereabouts of the oil filter?

TIA

Steve

Old July 14th 04, 04:10 AM
Dan C

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:06:56 +0000, me wrote:

> Could someone spread a lil light on the whereabouts of the oil filter?

I don't know exactly, but you can't look in the manual, or (wow, never
thought of this), look under the friggin hood?

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 14th 04, 04:10 AM
Dan C

Old July 14th 04, 04:48 AM
55chevy210

I look under the "friggin" hood on both my Intrepid and Neon and there is
zero oil filters in sight. My Dakota filter can be seen but unless you have
very small arms, can't be touched. I would imagine the Stratus is the same
as the Intrepid or Neon and is screwed in, straight up, along side the oil
pan. Look underneath the engine towards the right side (passenger side).
It will probably take a Fram TG16. My 98 Dakota (V8), 2000 Neon (2.0L), and
2002 Intrepid (2.7L (V6) all take the Fram TG16. That filter is considered
an over sized filter for the Neon but screws on nicely. It isn't even
listed as an option but works very well. It seems to provide for extra life
on the oil too.

news

Old July 14th 04, 04:48 AM
55chevy210

I look under the "friggin" hood on both my Intrepid and Neon and there is
zero oil filters in sight. My Dakota filter can be seen but unless you have
very small arms, can't be touched. I would imagine the Stratus is the same
as the Intrepid or Neon and is screwed in, straight up, along side the oil
pan. Look underneath the engine towards the right side (passenger side).
It will probably take a Fram TG16. My 98 Dakota (V8), 2000 Neon (2.0L), and
2002 Intrepid (2.7L (V6) all take the Fram TG16. That filter is considered
an over sized filter for the Neon but screws on nicely. It isn't even
listed as an option but works very well. It seems to provide for extra life
on the oil too.

news

Old July 14th 04, 06:03 PM
GUNBUNNY31

"55chevy210" > wrote in message news:<i22Jc.50617$WX.23334@attbi_s51>...
> I look under the "friggin" hood on both my Intrepid and Neon and there is
> zero oil filters in sight. My Dakota filter can be seen but unless you have
> very small arms, can't be touched. I would imagine the Stratus is the same
> as the Intrepid or Neon and is screwed in, straight up, along side the oil
> pan. Look underneath the engine towards the right side (passenger side).
> It will probably take a Fram TG16. My 98 Dakota (V8), 2000 Neon (2.0L), and
> 2002 Intrepid (2.7L (V6) all take the Fram TG16. That filter is considered
> an over sized filter for the Neon but screws on nicely. It isn't even
> listed as an option but works very well. It seems to provide for extra life
> on the oil too.
>
> "Dan C" > wrote in message
> news
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:06:56 +0000, me wrote:
> >
> > > Could someone spread a lil light on the whereabouts of the oil filter?

> > I don't know exactly, but you can't look in the manual, or (wow, never
> > thought of this), look under the friggin hood?
> >
> > --
> > If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> > Linux Registered User #327951

1.) Is this a 2 door or 4 door stratus (yes it matters) 4 cyl or 6
2.) don't use the over size filter. there is a reason not to. the
first time you should bottom out the car or scrap on a parking ledge
you will pull th eoversize filter off. (I have seen it happen)
use a mopar p/n 4105409

good luck
Old July 14th 04, 06:03 PM
GUNBUNNY31

Old July 14th 04, 10:12 PM
Dan C

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 03:48:30 +0000, 55chevy210 wrote:

>> > Could someone spread a lil light on the whereabouts of the oil filter?

>> I don't know exactly, but you can't look in the manual, or (wow, never
>> thought of this), look under the friggin hood?

> I look under the "friggin" hood on both my Intrepid and Neon and there is
> zero oil filters in sight.

Maybe not, but that wasn't really the point, anyway. What I meant was for
the OP to go look for it, either under the hood, or under the car. How
hard is it to locate an oil filter? If a person can't even do that, I
wouldn't think they're not even capable of changing the oil in the first
place.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 14th 04, 10:12 PM
Dan C

Old July 14th 04, 10:29 PM
55chevy210

you may be right. but if they did locate it they would be way up on and way
more qualified to change the oil over jiffy lube or some other equally
irresponsible rip-off quickie oil change place.

news