Hemi Challenger

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Hemi Challenger

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 13:02:48 -0400, Michael Johnson >
wrote:

>I don't know exactly what our landfill does with the oil but I'm sure it
>isn't discarded either. Personally, I think changing the oil every
>3,000 miles is more important than using high dollar synthetics.
>Changing it regularly flushes out contaminants and for most users
>provides more than adequate protection. Maybe some vehicles that see
>extremely cold weather benefit from the better viscosity properties of
>Mobil One or other synthetics.
>
>My truck doesn't burn (or leak) any noticeable amount of oil between
>changes and it has seen a variety of brands (i.e. whatever is on sale by
>the case at Costco) for as long as I have owned it. I don't even use
>Ford filters all the time. If anyone really wants to do their engine a
>favor then just change the oil regularly. Same goes for the automatic
>transmission which, IMO, is the most neglected component in most
>vehicles today. I change the fluid and filter in the Explorer every
>30k-40k miles and am still running on the original transmission which,
>for an Explorer, is quite an accomplishment at nearly 200k miles on the
>odometer.

I'll agree 100%, with one addition. Use decent oil.Use heavy enough
oil for the conditions. 5W20 is not heavy enough for high speed high
temperature running. In ANY engine. I don't care what the manual says.
5W20 oil is for C.A.F.E. and notheing more.
Extended oil changes are a product of consumer legislation - an engine
must last through warranty on the reduced oil change schedule
published.

Hemi Challenger Les Benn[_2_] Dodge 132 October 16th 07 06:49 PM
Autos 1969 - 1977 ] [150de467] - 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi(2).jpg (6/6) yvonttycomprendre Auto Photos 0 September 15th 07 11:09 PM
Last ones - File 129 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy fvl.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 07:31 AM
Last ones - File 128 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy Engine.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 07:30 AM
REPOST (By req): Gilmore Auto Museum - Sep 05 - 1970 Dodge Challenger R-T Hemi - fvr.jpg (1/1) Roadsign[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 22nd 06 01:09 PM