Honda Accord - brights no longer work

Old January 5th 05, 07:03 PM
Alex Rodriguez

Default Honda Accord - brights no longer work

In article >,
says...

>Weirdest thing I have ever seen, and the dealer wants $100 bucks to
>look at it, more to fix it. I don't want to pay them for something
>that is obviously a $15 part that plugs in.
>
>The symptoms a Regular lights work fine. When I flip the brights
>on, the interior indicator works. The outside lights (brights) do not
>work, NOR do the regular lights change. I might be mistaken, and it
>may only be an illusion, but normally I believe your regular lights go
>off, and the brights light up.
>
>I figure there is a relay somewhere that controls this. I believe I
>can eliminate the column switch as the dash indicator works. I think
>this is something in the fuse box. As expected, both parts and
>service refuse to offer advice.
>
>I know somebody has had this or a similar issue. Anyone want to show
>their knowledge of useless (except to me) trivia on repair of 1995
>Honda Accord electrical issues?

Have you tried putting in a new headlight/headlight bulb? It could just
be bad bulbs.
--------------
Alex

Old January 5th 05, 10:31 PM
John Harlow

>> I know somebody has had this or a similar issue. Anyone want to show
>> their knowledge of useless (except to me) trivia on repair of 1995
>> Honda Accord electrical issues?

> Have you tried putting in a new headlight/headlight bulb? It could
> just be bad bulbs.

I doubt it per his symptoms. It sounds like the high beam relay is welded
shut. It might be fixable with a good whack.

Old January 5th 05, 10:31 PM
John Harlow