1993 Mustang "Transition Phase"!?

Old September 26th 12, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

Default 1993 Mustang "Transition Phase"!?

"Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."

Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html
Old September 26th 12, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/25/2012 22:32, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> "Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."
>
> Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!
>
> http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html

LOL That guy is FOS, or perhaps a doof who fell for the story first.
I know someone that deals a lot of used cars and he had someone in about
1998 that had an old Chevrolet which he claimed had an engine from a
1987 Grand National. Well he didn't know better but he asked my help, so
he and I showed up to look at it with someone else I know in his 1987
GN. The guy trying to sell the car just about crapped himself when we
showed up since being the person who installed the engine he knew full
well it wasn't.
Old September 26th 12, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dike Melanis

"A Guy Named Steve" > wrote in message
> "Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."
>
> Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all
> the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're
> full of it!
>
> http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html

$12,000 for a 53k 1993 stang ?

if he called it a Cobra, he probably turnd back the milage too Or its got a
problem, so no one was driving it, some kind of goop on the manifold too.
cobra has cobra plate on manifold not 5.0 plate

Worth about $4,000 ?

Old September 27th 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Stewart ...

.... you're full of it!

that must be the brown stuff on the top of the engine......

Old September 28th 12, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/27/2012 11:41, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> ... you're full of it!
>>

> that must be the brown stuff on the top of the engine......

It looks like it would be rusty radiator water that leaked when the
little hose broke, but why wouldn't you clean that off before takign a
picture?
Old September 28th 12, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dike Melanis

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 9/27/2012 11:41, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>> ... you're full of it!
>>>

>> that must be the brown stuff on the top of the engine......
>>

> It looks like it would be rusty radiator water that leaked when the
> little hose broke, but why wouldn't you clean that off before takign a
> picture?

na, that is some kind of gook, perhaps instead of replacing the gasket they
gooked it, with gray epoxy
OR it could be candle wax from working on the engine late at night trying to
turn it into a cobra

a leak would only be where hose end is.

Old September 29th 12, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:32:57 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> "Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."

> Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

> http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html

Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.

Long time no see... what's up? How are things?

Patrick

Old September 29th 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Friday, September 28, 2012 5:05:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:

> Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.
>

> Long time no see... what's up? How are things?
>

> Patrick

Hi Patrick - doing well. Still on the search for a car I can race and not have to mess with much. But I'm in no hurry. Still doing the same thing in the same place.

Still using a seeverist@ email address - but using comcast for a while. Was sorta surprised that this 13 year old login would work via Google groups.

What's up with you?
Old September 29th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Friday, September 28, 2012 8:01:22 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> On Friday, September 28, 2012 5:05:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:

> > Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.

> > Long time no see... what's up? How are things?

> Hi Patrick - doing well.

And the wife?

>Still on the search for a car I can race and not have to mess with much.

Duel purpose (a daily driver and track) or primarily just a second car/more track car?

> But I'm in no hurry. Still doing the same thing in the same place.

And I'm still in the Hurricane State.

> Still using a seeverist@ email address - but using comcast for a while. Was sorta surprised that this 13 year old login would work via Google groups..

I still have the same prefix, but now Cox [.net}.

> What's up with you?

Not sure if you knew... I picked up an '11 GT a couple years ago. You can easily guess at its appearance and option sheet.) The Cobra is gone -- my Fox era is over after a 25-year run. Kids are doing well -- my son [finally] got his first car -- 2006 SRT Magnum (want to guess the color?). But I really haven't been doing anything car related -- the GT is still factory stock and I haven't done any racing, in years. I do, however, still read everything automotive and I attend car shows from time to time.

Last I heard you had sold the Buick and were playing around with a daily driver and getting some pretty impressive times. I can't remember the vehicle though.) So bring me up to date on your automotive life.

Patrick
Old September 29th 12, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/28/2012 19:05, wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:32:57 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
>> "Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."

>> Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3296902118.html

> Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.
>
> Long time no see... what's up? How are things?
>
> Patrick

He puts cool pictures on Facebook sometimes LOL P