Problem replacing key-fob battery.

Old April 25th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
QX

Default Problem replacing key-fob battery.

I have the multifunction key fob for a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT.
This is the one with buttons to open the side doors, rear hatch, all
doors, engine start, unlock, and panic. It's the same as the one used
on the Chrysler Town & Country.
I need to replace the #2032 disk battery. I got the little door off
the fob, but for the life of me, I can't get the battery out.
It is partially covered by design of the fob case. I have tried
pulling, prying etc. There has got to be a trick. The manual only says
to remove and replace the old battery. The battery is intact, and has
not leaked. I can rotate it with my finger so I know it's not corroded
in place.
Just can't get it out. I'm ready to try needle nose pliers, but don't
want to take a chance of damaging the thing and having to purchase a
new one. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Similarly posted in the alt.autos.dodge newsgroup
Old April 27th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Apr 25, 5:04*pm, QX > wrote:
> I have the multifunction key fob for a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT.
> This is the one with buttons to open the side doors, rear hatch, all
> doors, engine start, unlock, and panic. It's the same as the one used
> on the Chrysler Town & Country.
> I need to replace the #2032 disk battery. I got the little door off
> the fob, but for the life of me, I can't get the battery out.
> It is partially covered by design of the fob case. I have tried
> pulling, prying etc. There has got to be a trick. The manual only says
> to remove and replace the old battery. The battery is intact, and has
> not leaked. I can rotate it with my finger so I know it's not corroded
> in place.
> Just can't get it out. I'm ready to try needle nose pliers, but don't
> want to take a chance of damaging the thing and having to purchase a
> new one. Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance
> Similarly posted in the alt.autos.dodge newsgroup

You should have tested the remote at Autozone, and if you needed a new
battery, give the counter guy the remote and tell him to replace it
for you.