2005 Diesel Accord .... 92 mpg!

Old October 23rd 04, 03:07 AM
Mathu

Default 2005 Diesel Accord .... 92 mpg!

When would we see this Accord Stateside?? Perhaps when low sulfur
diesel becomes available in 2006? (The MPG will be somewhat lower
here, as the US gallon is slightly smaller than the Imperial
one......but still impressive fuel economy!).

Honda's new Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport has this week set no fewer than 19
world speed records and achieved 3.07 litres / 100 km (92 mpg) fuel
economy to boot. British racing driver Robin Liddell and freelance
journalist Iain Robertson were part of the European record-setting
team.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/hond...echo=137548138
Old October 23rd 04, 06:07 PM

Mathu > wrote:
> Honda's new Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport has this week set no fewer than 19
> world speed records and achieved 3.07 litres / 100 km (92 mpg) fuel
> economy to boot. British racing driver Robin Liddell and freelance
> journalist Iain Robertson were part of the European record-setting
> team.

> http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/hond...echo=137548138

"during which one of the Accords achieved a staggering 92 mpg average."
I wonder what the other one got. Over a 419 mile run, that is pretty
impressive, if it is similar to what the other one got. Over a 30 mile
stretch, I got 65 in my Honda Civic Hybrid in rush hour traffic at ~45 mph.

What's the altitude at Papenburg? My airport chart shows 3 meters
compared to 461 for Wiesbaden, so that adds to the load.

3.07l/100km == 92 imp mpg == 76 US mpg
http://www.tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

--
---

Old October 24th 04, 01:13 AM
Mathu

Good question....even the Honda web site
http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4040506.html
does not say anything about the specifics for the second car. At least
Honda should have some real-world data on the Diesel Accords by now,
since the news is a few months old. But their UK web site is staying
pretty much coy about any updates....

wrote in message >...
> Mathu > wrote:
> > Honda's new Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport has this week set no fewer than 19
> > world speed records and achieved 3.07 litres / 100 km (92 mpg) fuel
> > economy to boot. British racing driver Robin Liddell and freelance
> > journalist Iain Robertson were part of the European record-setting
> > team.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/hond...echo=137548138

> "during which one of the Accords achieved a staggering 92 mpg average."
> I wonder what the other one got. Over a 419 mile run, that is pretty
> impressive, if it is similar to what the other one got. Over a 30 mile
> stretch, I got 65 in my Honda Civic Hybrid in rush hour traffic at ~45 mph.
>
> What's the altitude at Papenburg? My airport chart shows 3 meters
> compared to 461 for Wiesbaden, so that adds to the load.
>
> 3.07l/100km == 92 imp mpg == 76 US mpg
> http://www.tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

US diesel Jeep Liberty finally announced for 2005 Omega 4x4 7 January 11th 05 09:02 AM
connecting an iPOD to a 2005 Accord stock radio SoCalMike Honda 10 October 14th 04 07:21 PM
2005 Honda Accord stock radio inquiry dansisler Honda 3 October 1st 04 05:52 AM
Accord EX 2004 vs 2005 SmarSquid Honda 8 September 30th 04 01:33 PM
2005 Accord LX price moshew Honda 0 September 28th 04 09:23 PM