A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Honda
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hi, just got a 1986 Prelude, headlights are in the permanent "up" position.

Old April 6th 14, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Hi, just got a 1986 Prelude, headlights are in the permanent "up" position.

The headlights both low and high beam work properly. The retractor motors do nothing when the lights are turned on or off. The lights remain in the up position. When i spin the manual retractor knobs, the retractor motors kick-on and the headlights cycle down, then back up.
I'm guessing the issue may be the "Timer" that is shown in the wiring diagram. Not sure why the headlight switch has no effect on the retractors.
Any ideas would be welcomed!
Ads
Old April 7th 14, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Hi, just got a 1986 Prelude, headlights are in the permanent "up" position.

Ok. played around with them a bit, if i roll them down manually, they will pop up when i push the button on the dash.
|But they wont go back down.
Guess I'm halfway there!

On Sunday, 6 April 2014 14:57:00 UTC-7, wrote:
> The headlights both low and high beam work properly. The retractor motors do nothing when the lights are turned on or off. The lights remain in the up position. When i spin the manual retractor knobs, the retractor motors kick-on and the headlights cycle down, then back up.
>
> I'm guessing the issue may be the "Timer" that is shown in the wiring diagram. Not sure why the headlight switch has no effect on the retractors.
>
> Any ideas would be welcomed!