How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

Old April 23rd 13, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tekkie®

Default How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

uncle_vito posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

> I hear all this reasoning but I also know that welders are very reluctant to
> weld fuel tanks. I had a tank out of a motor home and they insisted it be
> washed out completely with soapy water before he would weld on it.
>
> I also know of a person that was going to weld on a fuel tanker truck at a
> shop next door to where I was working. He put dry ice ( or something
> similar) in the tank the night before to remove all the oxygen. The tank
> blew up the next day as he was welding. He was instantly killed and body
> parts were found over at our place of business. Perhaps a welding torch is
> different that fuel pump commutation sparks, but why take any chance at
> creating a fire or explosion?

I believe they fill them with water and braze
them.

Also there are pumps in the tanks correct?

also there ate are explosion proof motors correct?
--
Tekkie

How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump? muzician21 Technology 43 March 27th 13 01:52 PM
No electric to new fuel pump [email protected] Technology 2 March 6th 07 03:02 PM
1974 SB - Replacing manual fuel pump with an electric (fuel delivery problem) Steve VW air cooled 10 June 20th 06 08:05 PM
Electric fuel pump bbs Technology 5 March 26th 06 05:10 PM
Electric Fuel pump question Mike West VW air cooled 9 February 2nd 06 11:45 PM