How many fuse boxes are there (Honda Civic, 2005, 4 door EX)

Old March 1st 12, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Fred Monroe

Default How many fuse boxes are there (Honda Civic, 2005, 4 door EX)

The dome light doesn't work. I think the bulb is okay.

Can't figure out where the fuse is.
Old March 2nd 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_3_]

Fred Monroe > wrote in
:

> The dome light doesn't work. I think the bulb is okay.
>
> Can't figure out where the fuse is.

Does the dome light fail to work when ANY door is opened?

Is the dome light turned off?

Do you still have your Owner's Manual?

--
Tegger
Old March 3rd 12, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Alan Browne

On 2012-03-01 19:02 , Tegger wrote:
> Fred > wrote in
> :
>
>> The dome light doesn't work. I think the bulb is okay.
>>
>> Can't figure out where the fuse is.
>>

> Does the dome light fail to work when ANY door is opened?
>
> Is the dome light turned off?

I tried it with the switch in all three positions. No doors activate
the light.

> Do you still have your Owner's Manual?

Nope. Bought the car used. Never saw the manual.

I pulled fuses in the inside panel and all of them look okay.

I'm going to go buy a bulb and swap that out. We'll see.
Old March 3rd 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth[_3_]

"Alan Browne" > wrote in message
> On 2012-03-01 19:02 , Tegger wrote:
>> Fred > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> The dome light doesn't work. I think the bulb is okay.
>>>
>>> Can't figure out where the fuse is.
>>>

>> Does the dome light fail to work when ANY door is opened?
>>
>> Is the dome light turned off?

> I tried it with the switch in all three positions. No doors activate the
> light.

Also consider it could be the door switch. If there is a door open
indicator on the dash, does it indicate the door is open? Have you tried
with all the doors.

>> Do you still have your Owner's Manual?

> Nope. Bought the car used. Never saw the manual.
>
> I pulled fuses in the inside panel and all of them look okay.
>
> I'm going to go buy a bulb and swap that out. We'll see.

There is also usually a fuse panel under to hood. Also, I don't know as I
don't have a civic, some cars have 2 interior panels (drivers side and one
located on the passenger side).

Old March 11th 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Alan Browne

On 2012-03-03 13:18 , Seth wrote:

> "Alan Browne" > wrote in message
>> On 2012-03-01 19:02 , Tegger wrote:
>>> Fred > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Does the dome light fail to work when ANY door is opened?
>>>
>>> Is the dome light turned off?

>> I tried it with the switch in all three positions. No doors activate
>> the light.

> Also consider it could be the door switch. If there is a door open
> indicator on the dash, does it indicate the door is open? Have you tried
> with all the doors.
>

>>> Do you still have your Owner's Manual?

>> Nope. Bought the car used. Never saw the manual.
>>
>> I pulled fuses in the inside panel and all of them look okay.
>>
>> I'm going to go buy a bulb and swap that out. We'll see.

> There is also usually a fuse panel under to hood. Also, I don't know as
> I don't have a civic, some cars have 2 interior panels (drivers side and
> one located on the passenger side).

Bought the bulb. Replaced it. Solved.

Old March 14th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Fred Monroe > wrote:
> The dome light doesn't work. I think the bulb is okay.

> Can't figure out where the fuse is.

I would say "two".
One under the hood. Follow the small red battery cable into the box.
One in an awkward spot just to the right of the steering column, sort of
behind an access panel under the steering column, but not really, still off
to the central side.

Both of those have little maps of fuses in the cover.

The ceiling light is a 10 amp, #3 in the underhood box, but it also fuses a
lot of other lights, including taillights, so that's probably not blown.

There are some spares in the underhood box.