New Super Speeder Law To Take Effect In Cash Strapped Georgia

Old January 1st 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default New Super Speeder Law To Take Effect In Cash Strapped Georgia

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 06:01:07 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>On 2010-01-01, Jim Yanik > wrote:
>
>> "Big Brother" is more a DemocRAT affectation,not Repub.

>No, they are pretty equal. They both expand "big brother" in their own
>special ways but do not roll back what the others did.

You hit a key element here. When many of these bills are passed the
"opposition" party talks like they are against them but if/when they
get in a position to get rid of such laws that virtually never do.
They are all in bed together. The fact that they keep these laws
shows their true colors.
Old January 1st 10, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_6_]

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:55:30 -0800, Scott in SoCal
> wrote:

>No, this means the state's actuaries studied the statistical data and
>calculated the cutoff point that would maximize revenue for the state
>of Georgia. Notice also the "bonus" amount they chose was carefully
>calculated to minimize backlash from the public. Instead of going for
>the gusto and tacking on a $2000 surcharge, they went with a
>much-more-palatable $200, and applied it to residents and
>non-residents alike. Georgia has learned well from Virginia's
>mistakes.

Not only that, but the additional fine is not collected at the
courthouse. Instead, the offender gets a notice from the state to pay
up or else. I look for a lot of local yokel cops to be writing tickets
for 74MPH or 84MPH as appropriate in the comming months...

--
"I... Can't drive... FIFTY-FIVE!!"
--Sammy Hagar
Old January 1st 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-01-01, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Brent
> said:
>
>>On 2010-01-01, necromancer rg> wrote:
>>> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/yctqr3o
>>>
>>> Starting tomorrow, people ticketed for speeding 85MPH+ on interstates
>>> or 75MPH+ on secondary roads will be hit with an additional US$200.00
>>> fine by the state courtesy or our REPUBLICAN legislature and
>>> REPUBLICAN governor.

>>So this law means that 76mph through a main business district in the
>>middle of the day is as dangerous as 86mph on an empty interstate at
>>3am?

> No, this means the state's actuaries studied the statistical data and
> calculated the cutoff point that would maximize revenue for the state
> of Georgia. Notice also the "bonus" amount they chose was carefully
> calculated to minimize backlash from the public. Instead of going for
> the gusto and tacking on a $2000 surcharge, they went with a
> much-more-palatable $200, and applied it to residents and
> non-residents alike. Georgia has learned well from Virginia's
> mistakes.

I wasn't being serious, just pointing out the absurdity of the 'safety'
excuse. Of course it is about the money. If the regular speeding fine is
roughly $100 it stays under the 'hire a lawyer' threshold.

Old January 2nd 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:57:30 -0800, Scott in SoCal
> wrote:

>Last time on rec.autos.driving, Ashton Crusher > said:
>
>>On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 06:01:07 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>>>No, they are pretty equal. They both expand "big brother" in their own
>>>special ways but do not roll back what the others did.

>>You hit a key element here. When many of these bills are passed the
>>"opposition" party talks like they are against them but if/when they
>>get in a position to get rid of such laws that virtually never do.
>>They are all in bed together. The fact that they keep these laws
>>shows their true colors.

>Sadly, I cannot find any fault with this argument.

Sometime's life's a bitch that way good buddy.
Old January 3rd 10, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Last Post > wrote in
:

> On Jan 1, 11:58*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > wrote:
>> necromancer rg>
>> wrote i

> :
>>

>> > Ref:http://tinyurl.com/yctqr3o

>> > Starting tomorrow, people ticketed for speeding 85MPH+ on
>> > interstates or 75MPH+ on secondary roads will be hit with an
>> > additional US$200.00 fine by the state courtesy or our REPUBLICAN
>> > legislature and REPUBLICAN governor.

>> > True to republican subterfuge, the legislature and governor claim
>> > the money is for, "trauma centers," when in reality it will go into
>> > the general fund to be doled out to pet projects as the legislature
>> > sees fit and the bill of goods was sold to the sheeple of this
>> > state as a, "safety," issue.

>> > If it were really about safety, they would give, "super speeders,"
>> > 10 days in jail and not an additional US$200.00 tax.

>> I agree this is mostly about money but what's wrong with that?. *I'd
>> ra

> ther
>> make the criminals pay than have my taxes raised. Make the fine
>> $2000.
>>
>> Why coddle criminals esp ones that kill innocent ppl.?

> • It would cost the taxpayers more than $200
> to keep them in jail for 10 days

That's why i say skip the jail and raise the fines and hit them with loss
of license. Stop coddling these killers.
Old January 3rd 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Scott in SoCal > wrote in
news
> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Last Post > said:
>
>>• It would cost the taxpayers more than $200
>> to keep them in jail for 10 days

> If it were really about safety, it would be worth it. Taking someone
> who is genuinely dangerous off the road before they can kill me is a
> valuable service that I'm willing to pay for. I just wish the
> government would actually start doing that and forget about raping
> speeders' wallets.

So let's hit them with big license suspensions. Say one month per excessive
mph starting at 10 over the limit. So someone caught doing 86 in a 65
would lose their license for 86-75 = 11 months.

Old January 4th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
.70:

> Last Post > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Jan 1, 11:58*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>> > wrote:
>>> necromancer rg>
>>> wrote i

>> :

>>> I agree this is mostly about money but what's wrong with that?. *I'd
>>> ra

>> ther
>>> make the criminals pay than have my taxes raised. Make the fine
>>> $2000.
>>>
>>> Why coddle criminals esp ones that kill innocent ppl.?

>> • It would cost the taxpayers more than $200
>> to keep them in jail for 10 days
>>

> That's why i say skip the jail and raise the fines and hit them with
> loss of license. Stop coddling these killers.

One more thing. Make extreme speeding a felony. Say 20+ over the limit.
Nobody likes a felony on their resume.
Old January 4th 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_7_]

SFB spewed:

>One more thing. Make extreme speeding a felony. Say 20+ over the limit.

Why 20MPH over? Why not 15MPH over, criminal coddler?

--

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old January 4th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking
lil abner

necromancer wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
>> One more thing. Make extreme speeding a felony. Say 20+ over the limit.

> Why 20MPH over? Why not 15MPH over, criminal coddler?
>
> --
>
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
> a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:
>
> "> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?
>
> Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
> years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
> cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
> stretch could be 25, i thought."

That's sixteen over! The horror of it all! SFB should be still rotting
in jail as it decrees?