Towing

Old June 22nd 05, 08:03 PM
hanson

Default Towing

Is there any disadvantage to using a truck like a Pre-Runner (I know it
is 2 wheel drive) to tow with? I ask because such a truck has an
offroad suspension, and I am wonderin if there are any problems towing
with it. Thanks for your thoughts....

Old June 22nd 05, 09:10 PM
.boB

hanson wrote:

> Is there any disadvantage to using a truck like a Pre-Runner (I know it
> is 2 wheel drive) to tow with? I ask because such a truck has an
> offroad suspension, and I am wonderin if there are any problems towing
> with it. Thanks for your thoughts....

There can be, depending on what you mean by an off road suspension. Usually that
means the truck has been raised. Sometimes there are other mods to get the axles to
articulate better. And people often put taller tires on without changing the gear
ratio.
Raised suspension, softer springs, and a lower FDR make towing a little more
difficult. Not impossible, but just more difficult.
If it's a stock "off road package" it shouldn't change towing much, if any.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Any towing experts? Lets Roll Honda 3 April 20th 05 04:50 PM
Houston's Mandatory Towing Program Sparks Anger MrPepper11 Driving 19 February 14th 05 03:32 AM
TOWING A SATURN- from theCONFUSING owners handbook ! misterfact Saturn 25 November 5th 04 08:16 AM
96 Caravan - towing package? EdO Dodge 1 October 25th 04 04:43 AM
VW Golf towing delema Ingo Braune VW water cooled 3 September 22nd 04 04:08 AM